Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll cost us about £4m to buy Sandro out of his contract.
Any club offering him a new term next summer isn't going to pay him anywhere near what we are currently paying him.

Clubs will know they can get him on loan until his contract is up for about half that - why would anyone try to buy him? Makes no sense.
Sandro and Bernard have taught us a valuable lesson on free transfers. It's not smart business if you pay them way above their value to secure the deal, as they'll never be moved on afterward.

Sandro and Bernard have taught us a valuable lesson on free transfers. It's not smart business if you pay them way above their value to secure the deal, as they'll never be moved on afterward.

I was thinking this on my way to work this mornig. I tyhink we need to be smarter on contract lengths, look at a lot more 3+1 or just flat 3 year deals, as opposed to 4-5 year deals. Bernard should really have been a 2 + 1 really.

I cant forgive him with what he did to us - that medical, he and Chelsea conspired against us, cost us 10s of millions in my opinion mate, left a real bad taste after all the club did for him.

On the lad as a player i agree, i always thought Martinez was the worst thing to happen to his development in my opinion and being told he was "phenomenal" and "world class" most weeks created a bad ego to young. He never became the rounded player he should have and learned the hard work, responsibility, digging deep, battling and dirty side of the game to give him a balanced skill set. To be fair to Koeman i think he tried to give him a boot, in that direction but Ross took his bat and ball home. A good player who could have been a great once in generation player, had all the talent.

100%

Martinez coached the scouse dynamism out of him. Little 5 yard passes sideways etc. and not being combative, direct and risky. His injuries I think also are accountable for his apathy.

Clear to see that Koeman wasn't taking him anywhere after that.

Strangely enough I think the faithful turned on him before he left, or at least turned on 'the situation'. So sad to see a homegrown talent disintegrate in front of your eyes and not be able to do anything about it.

I actually wish him well at Villa, probably be a good signing for them. International experience and Southgate likes him in the midfield. Still got an eye for a pass like.

Lost Barkley

100%

Martinez coached the scouse dynamism out of him. Little 5 yard passes sideways etc. and not being combative, direct and risky. His injuries I think also are accountable for his apathy.

Clear to see that Koeman wasn't taking him anywhere after that.

Strangely enough I think the faithful turned on him before he left, or at least turned on 'the situation'. So sad to see a homegrown talent disintegrate in front of your eyes and not be able to do anything about it.

I actually wish him well at Villa, probably be a good signing for them. International experience and Southgate likes him in the midfield. Still got an eye for a pass like.

Lost Barkley
I dont think he ever recovered from the World Cup experience where he wasn’t trusted. His form plunged after that and never came back to similar levelsI dread Everton players playing for England. They never tire of finding new and unusual ways of blowin* their confidence.

I think for the players who's contracts are expiring next season (Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie, Besic) we just need to get them out on loan even without loan fees and covering 50% of their wages.

That alone would still probably save us 150k a week in wages and they aint our problem come June 2021.

Easier said than done. You'd still be looking at paying about 100k per week for both Walcott and Sandro (for example) on loan.

Would you be happy to pay Sandro 50k a week if you were in charge of like Real Betis or somewhere?

Hes better on the right. Moved to the left due to havertz
I'm going off just the Bundesliga but he's played like 10 games on the right and last year he was still playing the left when Havertz was more often down the middle.

I'm just saying if Bailey is actually good, and I do think he might be, we shouldn't assume that he can be a full time right sided player as he has not done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back