Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Great" is being VERY generous. He has flashes of greatness but he's thick as a brick. "All the tools, no toolbox".

Not to mention he erased all mention to Everton over some perceived offense, you know, the club that stood behind him when he got a double leg break and bought his family a home so they could help him recover.

Agents - Rooney had a similar bee in his bonnet until he grew up.

I get why Barcelona might loan out Todibo but the chat about us wanting Godfrey on loan seems mad. Why would they loan a highly rated young first teamer and automatically weaken the team whilst simultaneously not bringing in cash to replace him?!

I don't know what cover Norwich have but if we pay a fee and his wages (increased) for a year then it might be tempting given the lack of income - then they still have the player to sell. (Obviously it would make no sense if they were in the Prem).

"Great" is being VERY generous. He has flashes of greatness but he's thick as a brick. "All the tools, no toolbox".

Not to mention he erased all mention to Everton over some perceived offense, you know, the club that stood behind him when he got a double leg break and bought his family a home so they could help him recover.

100%, I felt his actions were at best poorly advised, at worst were despicable to dump on the club that stood by him for so long.

I get why Barcelona might loan out Todibo but the chat about us wanting Godfrey on loan seems mad. Why would they loan a highly rated young first teamer and automatically weaken the team whilst simultaneously not bringing in cash to replace him?!

Wages have a huge impact on relegated sides. Look at all the players Fulham had to loan out when they got relegated; all back now.

Wages have a huge impact on relegated sides. Look at all the players Fulham had to loan out when they got relegated; all back now.
Would a 22 year old that has come through the youth set up really be on that crazy wages though? I can't see it being that big an issue.

You were right to point out what a good career Ross has had. 30 odd games and 6 goals for England (which is more goals than Dele Alli has got for context) and he's picked up medals, so he may well say to people like me- look at what I've won. I just think he could have won more and scored more, and done more.

Dele Alli is widely regarded as failing miserably to live up to his potential though, much like Barkley.

Googled him and found a GOT article from 9 years ago :)

By Tubey
Everton News
9 years ago
Everton Land Wonderkid Alif Solpro
GrandOldTeam can confirm that Everton have secured the signing of Real Madrid and Barcelona target Alif Solpro from Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old Tunisian striker is hot property across Europe after a series of incredible performances for the Turkish giants Galatasaray, and his contract expired in January. He has chosen to join Everton to test his skills in “the greatest league in the world”, spurning advances from Spain, Germany, Italy and France.
Nicknamed “The Gazelle” for his lightning pace, Solpro averages three goals every two games over his

This back when @Tubey was a mod?

Surely a team like Norwich weren't stupid enough not to put relegation clauses in any player contracts

no but if they say to him ‘go on loan this year rather than look to leave... if we don’t come up then we can find a team for you next season.’
Keeps him happy enough not to force a leave, solves a potential problem for them (if they have cb cover) & potentially increases his market value, solves our fb cover problem.

doubt it will happen lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back