Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley was massively overrated on here. He’s exactly the same player now as he was with us - that’s why he’s been bombed out by Chelsea. Doesn’t have half the football brain of James.

That's not much of a diss though given James is arguably one of the top 5 midfielders in world football when on form.

Sandro is more useless you're right. Point remains about free transfers (or cheap ones as Sandro was). I mean compare them to Onyekuru. The wages matter a lot. Overpaying is worse than letting him go somewhere else.

But Bernard is genuinely a player worth about 10-15 million, imo. If his wages were a massive problem, we'd be trying to shunt him, and it would be a lot easier to get rid of him, than it would Sandro.

I'm going off just the Bundesliga but he's played like 10 games on the right and last year he was still playing the left when Havertz was more often down the middle.

I'm just saying if Bailey is actually good, and I do think he might be, we shouldn't assume that he can be a full time right sided player as he has not done that.

I think one of the reasons he wanted to move and has had a dip last season is because he doesnt want to play on the left any longer

Think that was through an interview on one of the everton youtube channels with a guy who is a german football expert

I think one of the reasons he wanted to move and has had a dip last season is because he doesnt want to play on the left any longer

Think that was through an interview on one of the everton youtube channels with a guy who is a german football expert
That's fine, it's just that the proof of him actually being a high level right sided player doesn't really exist. The skills to be it might, but we are buying someone unproven for a lot of money if we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back