Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon it’s going to be a really busy few days transfer wise and we will start to see a few outs soon.

Kenny obviously not going anywhere now if he’s injured.

Bernard, Walcott, Davies or Delph should all be let go if there is serious interest from anywhere.

then hopefully the likes of Sandro, Bolasie, Pennington, Tosun can all find homes on loan.

if Kean goes out I think we can expect to see a striker come in. He’s not going to bank on just DCL and Richy until the end of December.

I personally wouldn't be letting Delph go until Gbamin has settled back into the team with a run of months without injury. So hopefully move Delph on in January.

Delph is a far better option as backup to Allan than anyone else we have currently. Unless you count doucoure which I don't as he has a different role in that midfield.

I have the feeling Kean is moving on and then we use that money for Godfrey and loan Milik.

I personally wouldn't be letting Delph go until Gbamin has settled back into the team with a run of months without injury. So hopefully move Delph on in January.

Delph is a far better option as backup to Allan than anyone else we have currently. Unless you count doucoure which I don't as he has a different role in that midfield.

I have the feeling Kean is moving on and then we use that money for Godfrey and loan Milik.
Delph has always been decent when fit. His attitude and injury problems were the main issue I had with him. If he stays fit and keeps his mouth shut then he’s a good squad option.

With Godfrey, Gbamin and Holgate in the squad we have players who can play multiple positions.

Always comes in handy if others are ahead of them in their primary roles and of course competition and rotation.

Ancelotti developing these types is always exciting looking at the stars hes managed in the past.

With Godfrey, Gbamin and Holgate in the squad we have players who can play multiple positions.

Always comes in handy if others are ahead of them in their primary roles and of course competition and rotation.

Ancelotti developing these types is always exciting looking at the stars hes managed in the past.

totally agree, means you can have a smaller tighter squad which is better for keeping everyone happy.

maldini was a lb first and a cb Second. World class in both like.

I’m not suggesting Godfrey is the next Maldini btw

Id punt Davies all day long if there is a buyer, he is by far the weaker.

totally agree, means you can have a smaller tighter squad which is better for keeping everyone happy.

maldini was a lb first and a cb Second. World class in both like.

I’m not suggesting Godfrey is the next Maldini btw

Im intrigued at how Godfrey compares to Ferdinand at the same age when he moved to leeds

Norwich fans and ferdinand himself have made comparisons.

Perhaps Ancelotti has seen some potential there to build the next Marquinhos or something.

It’s all we have managed with for the last 12 months tbh, kean has offered very little. Unless we can get some decent value on someone then I’d rather wait until the manager can get somebody who he truly wants. I seen us linked with Milik but no idea how much is in that.

This is Everton, you know dcl would get injured the day after we offload kean. We have plenty of wasters to get rid of before needing to get rid of our bench regulars.

Reckon it’s going to be a really busy few days transfer wise and we will start to see a few outs soon.

Kenny obviously not going anywhere now if he’s injured.

Bernard, Walcott, Davies or Delph should all be let go if there is serious interest from anywhere.

then hopefully the likes of Sandro, Bolasie, Pennington, Tosun can all find homes on loan.

if Kean goes out I think we can expect to see a striker come in. He’s not going to bank on just DCL and Richy until the end of December.
I'm in the hate Delph camp but thought he actually played OK last night so I'd probably keep him as a squad player

Carlo has shown he wants oven ready
James Allan etc won’t be here to see potential develope in a few years
DCL and Ricarlison will not hang around to see potential develope
Godfrey makes sense as he can play DM and if he plays CB it frees Holgate to cover at RB
Small window of this season and next to make the push and Carlo knows this
Zaha weather we ageee or not is of a similar age and profile to what Carlo has already signed
Money being available is not the issue imo , being allowed spend it due to FPP and STCC is
We have spent little this window
The scum spent more on a reserve than we did on 3 first team players

The other angle on this, was we actually have a very young squad under Silva. Brands brought in a number of younger players. Very few of them gained value, as players in losing team, who don't contribute many goals, asissts, clean sheets etc don't tend to look very marketable.

Take Calvert Lewin, his value in the summer may have been say 60-65m.That would have been the price point a deal was done. I ssupect you are looking already closer now to 90-100m. If he keeps scoring and gets 25+ goals in open play, maybe that is 125m+. A similar journey for Richarlinson. Alex Iwobi goes from assiting 1-2 goals and he may get himself 8-10 assists this season. People then start cuing up to buy him.

We've got good young players. What was needed was experience, steal, mentality and quality. I'm not going to say that was identified with Ancelotti, as I think it was more random but it's how it's worked out.

We have Calvert Lewin, Holgate, Iwobi & Richarlinson who are 22-24. We now look to have Brainthwaite, Kean, Gordon, Nkonkou who are 18-20. Gibson on loan may join that group next season if he keeps going, Godfrey/Todibo may as well. Thats plenty. Above that we also have Kean, Mina, Pickford, Gomez, Doucoure, Bernard who are all 25-27 and just entering their better years. Signing Zaha at 27 wouild add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back