Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez how much do Norwich want for the Godfrey kid that's a good bid?
They supposedly wanted bids at 20mil [in below pic] so odd they have turned it down-but then again in July they were asking for 50mil lol

1601556789232.webp

...must say, when I watched the obligatory YouTube clips he reminded me of Ferdinand. He’s aggressive in attacking the ball, often trying to pinch it before it reaches the opposition striker.

I looked at the Norwich forum, there was no ‘I’ll drive him there myself’ comments, it was generally ‘I’m really surprised nobody has bid for him earlier, he’s a £40m defender’. There was one funny comment along the lines of ‘whatever the agreed fee is, please add on the daylight robbery £10m they took from us for Naismith.’

Been told to do one

As fans i think its hard for us to judge whether Godfrey is a good signing. Weve seen him in a dodgy defence but his profile seems to be good and Ancelotti may be able to work some magic with him.

It seems as though Gabriel, Tomori and Godfrey are all similar ages, profiles and left sided so makes sense we would be in for him.

I think, if £26mil isnt acceptable then theres options in Europe. For that sort of money surely it becomes a case of too much risk?

I think we will look elsewhere now...to europe.

I’m going to keep saying this until it happens.

Jovic.
Please. Been a big fan of his since Euro 2016, he'd be a massive upgrade on Kean. Problem is he's at Napoli and we know how much of a nob their owner is already.
One of Zaha / Jovic or Milik for Kean would be quite funky business
If we get Zaha, Milk and Godfrey, we're winning the lot.
I don’t think we’ll get him but a move for Zaha or someone like him makes sense. Great having players that can play anywhere on the front 3 like Richy, gives opposition a headache as they can switch and vary throughout a game effectively. Same with Godfrey apparently being able to play well as a defensive midfielder.

Versatility, especially off the bench will be a great asset for us as last year every player was basically the same so if a plan wasn’t working out there wasn’t anything new to put in just fresh legs. Think if we got those 2 in hypothetically and shifted out as many as possible the next few days we’d be in for a fantastic season.

If Kean does go then Jovic makes most sense on a loan with option to buy.

Milik isnt the same player and his knees are shot.

Zaha can play all across the front 3 but i dont see him being as effective as he has been for palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back