Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are hopeful Olsen gets done in time. They have their eye on a couple of attacking options in championship that do not need to be done today. They will probably release Sandro from his contract if they cannot move him today. Tosun will be in squad once fit & used until January. From one of the more reliable press guys.

They don't. They just think that they can't be any worse than Pickford so that'll do.

Personally I'd just go with Pickford and if he continues making regular errors then drop him for Lossl. Might actually do him good.

Pickford is not the terrible keeper everyone is making out. He is just making too many silly errors that are leading to goals. That can be rectified. He is still a very good shot stopper and as good as anybody in the league in one on one situations. People are just seeing the mistakes and the points lost, and not the saves and the points saved. He made 2 fantastic saves against Spurs in the first match before we scored. Everybody forgets that.

Having said that his performance at the weekend was probably his worse yet and there's no doubt the mistakes are making him more edgy.

If I was Carlo I'd be getting a Sports Psychologist in to work with him.

So much drivel in one post I don't know where to start.

"If he continues making regular errors". What?! More errors than any other keeper in the league over any recent length of time metric you want to use.

"Still a very good shot stopper". Ah the classic go to line for someone defending a crap keeper. He just isn't. He saved just over 50% of shots on target over the past two seasons, only Kepa has been worse.

So in conclusion.

- Makes more errors leading to goals than any other keeper.
- Saves less % of shots bar Kepa over the past two seasons.

Utd were never going to let us sign Romero and definitely not on loan as they know that we are a genuine threat. Pickford will be first choice for the rest of the season or at least till January. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I reckon there will be another incoming.

It's one of 2 things....

Ancelotti doesn't rate him and didn't want him hanging around....even if we're left short as a result...

Or Kean hated life at Everton, and insisted he leave...

I think Ancelotti rates him, personally I think Ancelotti knows what's possible this year and what a great set of players he's got. He doesn't want someone sulking and mopping around which could affect the harmony.

When we signed him he was one of the biggest prospects in Europe. At his age he needs to be getting alot of minutes. We can't give him them minutes at the minute. Moise is not happy because I think he expected to be the main man when he signed. I think this psg loan will be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back