Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Cenk Tosun does fit this description. I don't love the idea of relying on him but finding a backup striker when your main striker is in the form Dom is in becomes a challenge.
Dom was put out by England to do interviews today. Even talked about the other players and the breach of COVID advice etc.
The lad speaks well.
I would suggest this means a deffo start against Wales and Kane will start against Belgium.
I hope Dom just comes back fit for us.

We do need back up, Tosun is actually sellable if fit and on good money at Everton. I’d let him go if possible and deffo go for King at Bournemouth.

Dom was put out by England to do interviews today. Even talked about the other players and the breach of COVID advice etc.
The lad speaks well.
I would suggest this means a deffo start against Wales and Kane will start against Belgium.
I hope Dom just comes back fit for us.

We do need back up, Tosun is actually sellable if fit and on good money at Everton. I’d let him go if possible and deffo go for King at Bournemouth.
If we're looking for a true #9 I'd keep Tosun and leave King be. If the plan is to have Richarlison and King sort of interchange or just to move Richarlison to the #9 spot full stop then obviously King would make more sense.

What are you actually talking about? He's always been all "I want to fight for my place" whenever asked.

Thats just code for "im getting paid daft money at Everton and wont leave unless im getting paid similiar by another daft rich club"

He knows full well he isnt good enough to be a Premier League striker yet will milk us dry until his contract expires.

If he had any decency he would accept his inevitable move back to Turkey with grace but he wont as he wont be getting paid lots of £££ there.

Thats just code for "im getting paid daft money at Everton and wont leave unless im getting paid similiar by another daft rich club"

He knows full well he isnt good enough to be a Premier League striker yet will milk us dry until his contract expires.

If he had any decency he would accept his inevitable move back to Turkey with grace but he wont as he wont be getting paid lots of £££ there.
I guess you can't really win with you.

If we're looking for a true #9 I'd keep Tosun and leave King be. If the plan is to have Richarlison and King sort of interchange or just to move Richarlison to the #9 spot full stop then obviously King would make more sense.
If Richy got injured, you could play King there.
If Dom got injured, you could play King there.

Takes a good penno as well btw.

Tosun has no pace. We are playing fast football right now due to James not sprinting and picking out boss passes for our forwards to get onto.

I’ve no idea if Simms is good enough ? He may well be ?

If Richy got injured, you could play King there.
If Dom got injured, you could play King there.

Takes a good penno as well btw.

Tosun has no pace. We are playing fast football right now due to James not sprinting and picking out boss passes for our forwards to get onto.

I’ve no idea if Simms is good enough ? He may well be ?
We don't really need LW cover though as we have Iwobi and Gordon. The bigger issue is if Dom gets hurt and to me Tosun is a better true striker than King is.

Simms might be worth a chance but he is quite young and I think parts of his game might not be ready for the top flight. I haven't watched nearly enough to be qualified for an opinion though.

We don't really need LW cover though as we have Iwobi and Gordon. The bigger issue is if Dom gets hurt and to me Tosun is a better true striker than King is.

Simms might be worth a chance but he is quite young and I think parts of his game might not be ready for the top flight. I haven't watched nearly enough to be qualified for an opinion though.
I like Gordon, but he’s not going to be starting many matches in the Prem.
I watch a fair bit of Bournemouth and if he went on loan there, that would be a fantastic opportunity for him to get game time at a club that is playing good stuff right now.

Sky sports havent a clue

I mean they was talking about spurs winning the league dispute the fact we have beat them and they have dropped points elsewhere.

Bale is superb but he's signed injured and who knows how fit he will stay
I find it very interesting how the general view on James was compared to Bale.

James was coming to us as an injury ridden crock who was well past his best.

Spurs we’re bringing Bale home where he can rediscover his best and be a turning point for them to challenge for the league.

In fact it’s almost the exact opposite. James was fit for most of his time at Madrid especially in the last year, he was just out of favour with Zidane. Zidane never questioned his professionalism and Madrid fans still loved him even after he left.

Bale on the other hand was consistently injured and out of form for the past 2 years and has disrespected the club over and over showing a complete lack of respect for a club that’s paid him millions upon millions. Madrid fans are notoriously difficult to please and fickle so I actually understand why he’d not care to please them but it’s still a valid criticism of him.

I think it’s mad that James has come in and showed he’s easily among the best players in the league despite not playing regularly since he was in Germany and there’s nothing made of it, he’s barely mentioned. Meanwhile Bale won’t play until November at the earliest and will have cost Spurs over £10m before he’s even kicked a ball but people are claiming he’ll push them to the league despite him basically being a January signing by the time he’ll be fit and firing.

Just shows the general bias especially towards London clubs that the media have and even as the team at the top of the league and the most in form teams with some of the most in form players we’ve largely been ignored by everyone for some reason. They hate it. We love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back