Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarr might be valued at £40m -£50m, but in these uncertain times they are not guaranteed to receive half of that fee.

Relegation seriously weakens their bargaining power. See Godfrey, valued at £40m - signed for half that fee.

No one showed an interest in Godfrey really though, Sarr has been linked with £50m moves to United by the press.
Just by reputation alone and the fact he’s been linked to teams, Watford won’t take less than £35/40m. Deulofeu leaving has also left them short.
If he has a quiet period between now and the next window that could drop his price a bit or allow for less of a few with more adding.
I’ve never noticed him or remember him even standing out so I have no idea what he’s actually worth.

If we're to do anymore business a Max Aarons purchase with JJK and Branthwaite on loan to Norwich could be a great deal for both clubs.Dowell already at Norwich isn't he?? It would be smart to partner up with a team like Norwich to loan our youth to develop, they seem to give lots of gametime to youngsters. Reassess in January if we need anything else. Don't need to fill our squad with more deadwood like King that we could be looking to bin next summer.All effort should be spent finding new homes for besic, bolassie etc.

United offered a LOAN with an option to buy at £25m.

Watford are not getting £40m. Last year yes. This year no chance. If someone offers anything close to £28m I think he will leave.
Sarr is someone we should be going for. Out of all the top 6 we don't possess as much firepower as they do - yes right now we're functioning as a unit which is fine, but it won't stay like that. We need that rapid directness as an option (Walcott didn't cut as as Iwobi doesn't).

The thing about Sarr is he has a great temperament and is similar to Richarlison in that sense. He doesn't give up like Mane and puts himself about. He has PL experience and will probably become as versatile as Richy is. I really think we should go for it, if we have the funds and can shift Besic et al.

Sarr is someone we should be going for. Out of all the top 6 we don't possess as much firepower as they do - yes right now we're functioning as a unit which is fine, but it won't stay like that. We need that rapid directness as an option (Walcott didn't cut as as Iwobi doesn't).

The thing about Sarr is he has a great temperament and is similar to Richarlison in that sense. He doesn't give up like Mane and puts himself about. He has PL experience and will probably become as versatile as Richy is. I really think we should go for it, if we have the funds and can shift Besic et al.
. Agree would be a great option to have and s forward line of sarr rich dcl would have so much pace and could drop james into a free role

Cant see them taking a loss on him he was bought for 30 why take a loss.

Because Covid happened.

Bought for £30m allegedly, so even £25m would not be seen as a loss given book price and relegation factored in.

Watford could hold onto him, but I think if a serious offer of money comes in for him, he will go.

No one showed an interest in Godfrey really though, Sarr has been linked with £50m moves to United by the press.
Just by reputation alone and the fact he’s been linked to teams, Watford won’t take less than £35/40m. Deulofeu leaving has also left them short.
If he has a quiet period between now and the next window that could drop his price a bit or allow for less of a few with more adding.
I’ve never noticed him or remember him even standing out so I have no idea what he’s actually worth.

But the actual bid from United was for half of that, and that was next season and not guaranteed. No one has gone for mad money, and relegation seriously weakens their bargaining power.

Only King, but i think your right as cant think of anyone myself
Am I right in saying we haven’t been linked with anyone?

Nice position to be in. We are not desperate, but would add quality if the price and fit is right.

Godfrey came out of nowhere, so I expect any business would be done swiftly, if we have our eye on any additions that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back