Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first 11 if fantastic and our front 3 have looked great. I do worry an injury to either James or Dom could cripple us. I know Richie can move to the middle but that weakens the left and we don't have a RW option (Bernard, Gordon and Iwobi can do a job there but are far better on the left). Trust Carlo though and i'm sure if he was worried he'd get someone in.

Today - get rid of Bolasie & Besic

January- get rid of Tosun & Bernard

January - bring in a top forward to cover the front three positons

If his name begins with a ‘Z’ and sounds like the word ‘afar’ then swerve the forward... but yeah I would love some quality forward player who can play in all 3 positions.

Apart from that, this would be near as damn it perfect (throw in Pennington, Baningame & Lossl to the shift it list for Jan for good measure).

I know we like to keep our business on the DL these days but - and I am happy to be corrected - there's normally rumours flying around 3.5hrs before we sign someone. Think we can safely say "no incomings" today.

That's fine by me, tbh - Would much rather we kept our powder dry unless there was genuinely good business to be done, than sign players on a whim, who aren't good enough, as we've done in the past.

Just hope nobody breaks between now and Jan.

Fair enough, I wouldn't be overly keen on us spending in the region of 30m on a lad who went missing in his clubs most important game in their history, against Fulham, I don't think he's awful just not worth 30m quid either.
You're right, he had a bit of a stinker against Fulham.
It happens though. I've seen plenty of big name players go missing in important matches.
It's what they do for 99% of matches that really matters to me. Maybe the pressure of being their big name player and the expectation that comes with that got to him somewhat? It's not something he would have on his shoulders here if he came, he would be just another part of the puzzle.
I think £20-30m seems to be the going rate for decent players this summer - thinking Watkins also from Brentford, Brewster at Liverpool, Bellingham at Birmingham, Hojbjerg at Southampton, Eze at QPR, Gabrielle at Lille, Castagne at Atalanta, Wilson at Bournmouth, Reguilon at Madrid, Thiago at Munich, Semedo at Barca, Mendy at Rennes and of course we paid similar for Allan, Doucoure and Godfrey.
He was pretty much the stand out player of the Championship last season, that's why he's tagged at that price in my opinion.
Like most players - there's risk.
If he plays like he did for 99% of last season I would say he is worth it, if he doesn't then he's not.

1602856148381.webp

Should be a scout me.

SSN: Crystal Palace have this afternoon had a bid of £25m for winger Ismaila Sarr turned down by Watford. Watford‘s valuation is understood to be nearer double that figure..............I am /was keen on Sarr but if those figures are even close then no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back