Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They way we were playing under Silva I'm sure we would all have took 5pts from 3 tough games, not a bad return.

Pretty much this. Nobody thought we would get anything from these games under Silva, it might not have been pretty last couple of games but he's decided to shore the defence up in his few days of coaching and it's worked, we are much more solid and organised. Pretty stuff can come later when we are a bit further up.

I salute the loyal fans who packed the ground again and were subjected to an appalling display. I am not interested in the fact that Arsenal were also awful; I ask how can our standard of play fall this low? Ancelotti has a massive task. We hopefully have seen the last of the useless Tosun, but there were other candidates besides him who richly deserved to be binned during this dire game.

non of the above again,,,I thought mina was closest but didn't he go over pulling a muscle running, he and the rest of the team are not used to running about.

I salute the loyal fans who packed the ground again and were subjected to an appalling display. I am not interested in the fact that Arsenal were also awful; I ask how can our standard of play fall this low? Ancelotti has a massive task. We hopefully have seen the last of the useless Tosun, but there were other candidates besides him who richly deserved to be binned during this dire game.
I thought the fans deserted the team today...not that I'm making too much of an excuse for those no marks like.

I bet Ancelotti wasn't impressed with anything on the pitch or the stands today.

Seemed to settle for a point there today. Looked tired. Missed opportunity there.

3 points against Burnley please.
I thought the fans deserted the team today...not that I'm making too much of an excuse for those no marks like.

I bet Ancelotti wasn't impressed with anything on the pitch or the stands today.
Deserted??? How can turning up and packing the ground be described as deserting? OK the place was quiet but only idiots would applaud such a display of ineptitude we were subjected to today. The guy next to me flies over from Dublin for every game. He was very quiet, I wonder why. Were you quiet or were you shouting your head off?

Deserted??? How can turning up and packing the ground be described as deserting? OK the place was quiet but only idiots would applaud such a display of ineptitude we were subjected to today. The guy next to me flies over from Dublin for every game. He was very quiet, I wonder why. Were you quiet or were you shouting your head off?
I was shouting my head off from behind a computer screen in Scotland.

The stadium was a morgue.

I offer no support for the players, btw. But that was so far from the Chelsea game in the stands it was untrue.

I thought so. As a TV supporter you should not criticise fans who travel distances and pay to watch Everton, nor should you call them deserters. Maybe turn the sound up on your TV it might help.

Really poor and error-strewn today but we looked like a team who had been stretched by injuries and playing so many big matches in a short space of time. Plus we have a set of players who are weak mentally so don't react well to being under pressure of being the favourites for a match or a new manager in the stands. The sub of Tosun was strange for me he was awful we needed Bernard, but I am not sure of his fitness. Carlo has a lot of work to do to rebuild this team we lack fitness have several areas that need to improve. In all five points in nine against some of the best team's in the land is a good job from Dunc but it's a shame we couldn't shown even a bit of the intensity of the Chelsea game as we would have won.

Last edited:

Absolutely nothing wrong with saying the atmosphere was toss today.

It was.

Don't need to be a sooper blue who goes to every game to say that.

Politely, have you seen the state of our team. Multiple injuries. We didn't play well today but hung in for a point. We need to do more of that.

Yep, sometimes you just gotta stuck it up and grab what you can. Sounds ridiculous but a but of game management/steel would have seen us walk away from Leicester and Brighton with a point apiece and just one win away from the top 10 instead of needing 2 wins.

Today was poor, but a clean sheet was had today, we take that positive and we move on to Burnley only this time we have someone we can all get behind.

Sigurdson did nothing, except get booked, he even lost the bleedin’ toss.
The odds of us winning 20+ coin tosses per season are astronomical, I think out of Courtesy most teams let us stay as we traditionally are.
But any snidey ex rs like Rogers or the snidiest little spaniard we know, will take it as a way, however small, to upset us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back