Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People here stunned to find out 'we' won after the game having not watched it on tv or online or by not following it in any way shape or form of which they are so many nowadays is hard to credit? People are working in some cases, I get it but not knowing your team has just beaten the in-form league leaders managed by a former blue while the club has a new manager in charge in his very first game in charge after the most turbulent of seasons is frankly mental. Anyway well in Sean Dyche lad, what a victory!!!!

The perfect start. Nicked a win from the best team in the league and kept them very quiet. They haven't looked that off it in a while. Hats off to Dyche for drilling his style into these players so quickly. I was surprised we pressed so hard, but was really happy to see it. Pressing like that while remaining compact is not easy, but the players managed it well.

Onana was MOTM for me, but could have given it to McNeil or one of the defenders easily.

People here stunned to find out 'we' won after the game having not watched it on tv or online or by not following it in any way shape or form of which they are so many nowadays is hard to credit? People are working in some cases, I get it but not knowing your team has just beaten the in-form league leaders managed by a former blue while the club has a new manager in charge in his very first game in charge after the most turbulent of seasons is frankly mental. Anyway well in Sean Dyche lad, what a victory!!!!
I understand it. Some needed a break. It’s hard following Everton. Emotionally draining.

Absolutely lousy this season, yet here they are drawing us in again.

Great 3 points today. Now just keep this all going into next weekend. This will be a massive statement if we can get something next week. This could be us safe for another season in the top flight. Early days , yes , but surely even this bunch can’t revert to type , after just one match. Dyche won’t allow that.
Funny old game , these players couldn’t beat snow of a rope last week. And then then produce that result today.
But it’s just 3 points. So let’s keep this momentum going. Get safe. , Then try and enjoy the rest of the season. Please Everton , just get safe.

All Water under the bridge now , but it’s just a shame that we didn’t get a Dyche type of manager onboard back when Lampard was floundering in those matches against Bournemouth. Who knows how things might have panned out. Anyhow , that’s me finished mentioning Lampard. Sean Dyche , win , lose or draw , will do for me , for now. It’s just one win. Apply themselves. But let’s now push on.
Winning football matches can only bring confidence to this bunch of players. They can win when they work hard. So let’s rock and roll.
Up the Toffees. Dyche’s not so soft Toffees. Have a good day folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back