Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No reason we couldn’t get a high scoring win. Winning leads to confidence and more confidence leads to better outcomes ie more goals.
Good point. The Leeds game was really high pressure. Absolutely needed to win that given Leeds are a direct relegation rival. Pressure still on of course but hopefully, as you say, confidence could be growing

Play to our strengths again. We are a big physical team, get stuck right into them early on and let them know there is nothing down for them. Not what we would wish for from an Everton team, but, needs must. We really need to just concentrate on winning as many matches as we can for the rest of the season, how that is achieved doesn't really matter.

We wont see this, but it is what I would like to see on Saturday

Pickford,
Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko
Gana, Onana, Dacourre, McNeil
Maupay, Simms

I am pretty certain Maupay was bought to harrass the opposition defence and create space for DCL. Lets see if it makes a difference playing him alongside a target man.
it does my head in playing a lone striker at Goodison :/

Without trying tosound negative has anyone seen our record v Villa?

Drawn something like 2 and lost 5 of the last 7 against them....

Absolutely a "bogey" team for us, which is a shame as my brother in law is a Villa fan.

Without trying tosound negative has anyone seen our record v Villa?

Drawn something like 2 and lost 5 of the last 7 against them....

Absolutely a "bogey" team for us, which is a shame as my brother in law is a Villa fan.
Since they came back up we havent neaten them home or away......

1677087022056.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back