Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our priority is to gain as many points as possible from our remaining home fixtures. That has to be the focus...and we have some tough home games still to come.

Any points picked up on the road are an added bonus but I suggested a couple of weeks ago after the Arsenal game that three points out of every six...as an average (given we are going to lose games or drop points which we may be expecting to gain if our current turnround continues)...would see us comfortably safe.

But then again, every other time from 10th/12th down will be thinking exactly the same.

I really believe, however, that....no, I am not going to tempt saying it! We shall just have to wait and see. It's gonna be a hairem scarem rollercoaster of a ride from now on.
Made me look up the origin.....
1670s (harum-starum), probably a rhyming compound of obsolete hare (v.) "harry" + scare (v.), with 'um as a reduced form of them, the whole perhaps meant to be mock Latin. As an adjective from 1751; as a noun, "reckless person," from 1784.
har·um-scar·um. ˌhar-əm-ˈskar-əm, ˌher-əm-ˈsker- : reckless, irresponsible.

Our recent record against them is dire, but with Goodison rocking we can beat just about anyone.

Survival will be difficult given that we don't really have a striker, but Dyche has given us back a sense of belief.

Either way this is perhaps the biggest game in our club's history so far.
About time that run came to an end isnt it?!?

we welcome the pride of Birmingham (perhaps) to Goodison Park.

Black_Sabbath_(Iommi,_Osbourne,_Ward_and_Butler).JPG

I dreamt we were losing 4-0 at half-time 😓 | Anyway, think he'll keep the same 11 given Onana is fit to play. Hate playing these lot - always a tricky fixture. Gotta contend with Bailey and Kamara in midfield is decent. The rat Mcginn always likes to put his foot in so it'll be tough. Hoping fans don't have to bottle Digne again 😮‍💨 and that we can come back to win 5-4 😁 UTFT

1677225551942.png

We wont see this, but it is what I would like to see on Saturday

Pickford,
Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko
Gana, Onana, Dacourre, McNeil
Maupay, Simms

I am pretty certain Maupay was bought to harrass the opposition defence and create space for Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Lets see if it makes a difference playing him alongside a target man.
it does my head in playing a lone striker at Goodison :/
Sharp-Heath mark 2? Worth a try.

This will be a much bigger test than Leeds. They are basically the opposite of them in terms of their attack. They play two number tens instead of two wide players so we've got to win that midfield battle.

As ever, I don't know where we turn if we go a goal down but the two defensive performances at Goodison so far give me hope.

We wont see this, but it is what I would like to see on Saturday

Pickford,
Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko
Gana, Onana, Dacourre, McNeil
Maupay, Simms

I am pretty certain Maupay was bought to harrass the opposition defence and create space for Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Lets see if it makes a difference playing him alongside a target man.
it does my head in playing a lone striker at Goodison :/
Gana on the wing, what could go wrong.

We're going to need to take our chances against Villa. They score goals, and I can see them scoring. We need a fast start and to take an early chance to get ahead. Then out work them for the rest of the game. Dyche ball ftw!

Early leg-bruising tackles from Onana and Tarkowski on Coutinho and Watkins to settle the fans' nerves. Iwobi to hopefully have a shot on goal. McNeil to prove he is able to produce more than daisy-cutting efforts on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.