Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've got to go for the kill early on and feed off the atmosphere in the opening 20 minutes. Get ourselves ahead and play a more settled game.

Thinking of hypothetical scenarios like going in level at half time and Leicester winning is grim as it gets.
When was the last time we did that at home?

We’ll get [Poor language removed] all off the referee massive headache for the premier league gone with these investigations if we go down can’t afford to give the VAR a sniff of anything that could hurt us.

1 - 0 Maupay

Relentless positivity and unwavering support from everyone please x
I've prepped the appropriate picture, to show my support from now:
FIGuSVJXoAI2zHp

This is without question the biggest match in the history of our great club.

Everything is riding on this: not just the imminent investment and the replacement of Moshiri and the current regime, but the new stadium, the status of our grand old team as a top-flight club... and quite possibly our club's very existence. We are in a parlous financial state currently, but if we go down it could spell the end.

We simply must win. If we draw and Leicester win against a weak West Ham XI we are down. We have to win this.

If that means us getting behind our players from the first minute to the last then so be it. In fairness to the players I can't fault their work ethic and their perseverance. We saw that in abundance against Wolves. But are they good enough to beat this Bournemouth side? We will find out.

All we as fans can do is get Goodison rocking for what might well be the Grand Old Lady's last ever top division match.

We all know how Everton will do this.

Slump to a 0 - 2 deficit. Then the resurrection takes place.

When Bournemouth hit their second, don't lose faith. We've been there before. it's what we do. We are Everton.

Can see us going behind early.
Massive pitch invasion at 3/4 time.
Leeds have won,as have Leicester.
Pitch is eventually cleared about 7pm,ref determined to get the game finished (PL told him).
Everton knock in a bagful, were safe......or are we?

If Myko is fit, then I think we have got to play 5-3-2

Pickford
Iwobi Mina Tark Mykolenko McNeil
Garner Onana Gueye
Gray Doucoure

Gray and Doucoure to press hard and work with each other. McNeil and Iwobi to provide width and Garner, Onana and Gueye to provide numbers in midfield.

It's an athletic team that should hopefully be able to run all over Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back