Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth have their flip flops on. They have lost their last 3 games. We lose this then we deserve to go down
That's the thing though, they're due a win. My nerves have completely gone.

If we don't get the 3 points we simply don't belong in this league.

Wouldn't it be such a dream if we showed up and just beat them 2-0 with minimum bother?
Another Brighton please. Would be fitting too as it is definitely that performance and result that put our fate in our own hands. Take them 3 points away and were sitting second from bottom having to win and relying on the others to lose.

Make Sunday a blinder please blues. Everyone deserves an enjoyable final game after the stress of the last 2 seasons.

That's the thing though, they're due a win. My nerves have completely gone.

If we don't get the 3 points we simply don't belong in this league.

….seems plenty are underestimating Bournemouth because they’re Bournemouth. Their last 3 away games;

Palace 2 Bournemouth 0
Southampton 0 Bournemouth 1
Spurs 2 Bournemouth 3

They carry genuine threat, especially on the counter-attack. We are particularly open to counter-attack. We can’t play to their strength by ‘going for it’. We have to keep the door closed at the back & that’s difficult for a team with 3 CBs.

They do try and play from the back, though, so that will give us a chance with Doucoure. I can’t see them not scoring. I’d much prefer us to set-up defensively strong as I think we can Nick a goal or two.

Last edited:
….seems plenty are underestimating Bournemouth because they’re Bournemouth. Their last 3 away games;

Palace 2 Bournemouth 0
Spurs 2 Bournemouth 3

They carry genuine threat, especially on the counter-attack. We are particularly open to counter-attack. We can’t play to their strength by ‘going for it’. We have to keep the door closed at the back & that’s difficult for a team with 3 CBs.

They do try and play from the back, though, so that will give us a chance with Doucoure. I can’t see them not scoring. I’d much prefer us to set-up defensively strong as I think we can Nick a goal or two.

Dyche, if anything, is cautious

He'll go with what he thinks the best gameplan is regardless of the situation

Palace 2 Bournemouth 0
Spurs 2 Bournemouth 3

Spot on this.

All hands to the pump on this one.

Get the injured jabbed and get em on the pitch.
No time for pussies or passengers!

Palace 2 Bournemouth 0
Spurs 2 Bournemouth 3

I don't think anybody is underestimating them (or indeed overestimating us) but if a team could pick a game to have with everything on the line it would be Bournemouth at home with nothing to play for.

I am praying for a win on Sun but either way at least this horrible season will be over. Everton I love you and I hate you for what you put me through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back