Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lot of injuries to deal with in a huge game
Everton that mate - it’s what we’ve always had for as long as I can remember.

Yet you see other clubs going months without any serious injuries, or one or two at most.

Whoever pulls on the royal blue needs to play like it’s their last ever match, and leave everything they have out on the grass. Anything less and we’re done.

So many problems. Who plays striker and what the hell we do at full backs.

Two clear options.

Either stick to usual system with Holgate and Mykolenko (if fit) full backs.
Or
A third centre back comes in with Iwobi and Mcneill as wing backs.

I worry about both tbh but feel we need to get McNeil further up the pitch…so with a heavy heart I think Holgate at right back is the way to go…and even during the process of writing this sentence I have already changed my mind and think Holgate will be our undoing.

Up front I think he will go with grey…but I have a bad feeling maupay plays. Either way it weakens us massively with no dcl, I hope we can replicate the type of performance we put in without DCL against Brentford.

Not a single word said that we didn’t already know. And yet the task feels 19 times harder than it did half an hour ago.

Need a training video quick of the lads looking relaxed and happy and banging them in from all angles.

So many problems. Who plays striker and what the hell we do at full backs.

Two clear options.

Either stick to usual system with Holgate and Mykolenko (if fit) full backs.
Or
A third centre back comes in with Iwobi and Mcneill as wing backs.

I worry about both tbh but feel we need to get McNeil further up the pitch…so with a heavy heart I think Holgate at right back is the way to go…and even during the process of writing this sentence I have already changed my mind and think Holgate will be our undoing.

Up front I think he will go with grey…but I have a bad feeling maupay plays. Either way it weakens us massively with no dcl, I hope we can replicate the type of performance we put in without DCL against Brentford.
Agree the forward and full backs is the big issue as well as McNeil needing to be further forward.

I thought the team looked good the last half hour against City with Coady in there. He will probably go for Maupay based on his work rate rather than his quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back