Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wing backs not such bad idea with Gueye's ability to cover ground. Might have to play Onana though as I think he has more in the legs than Garner.

So many problems. Who plays striker and what the hell we do at full backs.

Two clear options.

Either stick to usual system with Holgate and Mykolenko (if fit) full backs.
Or
A third centre back comes in with Iwobi and Mcneill as wing backs.

I worry about both tbh but feel we need to get McNeil further up the pitch…so with a heavy heart I think Holgate at right back is the way to go…and even during the process of writing this sentence I have already changed my mind and think Holgate will be our undoing.

Up front I think he will go with grey…but I have a bad feeling maupay plays. Either way it weakens us massively with no dcl, I hope we can replicate the type of performance we put in without DCL against Brentford.
If Mykolenko is out then we have no option but to play a back 3.

I would still play a back 3 even if Mykolenko is fit, but it's a tougher decision if he's available.

----------------------------Pickford------------------------------

--------------Mina----------Keane------------Tarkowski----------

Iwobi--------------------------------------------------------McNeil

----------------------Garner---Onana---Gueye-----------------------

--------------------------------Doucoure-----------------------------

--------------------------------Gray-------------------------------------

Wing backs not such bad idea with Gueye's ability to cover ground. Might have to play Onana though as I think he has more in the legs than Garner.

…..they have quality in wide attacking positions so wing backs could really play to their strengths, especially if Keane is one of 3 CBs as he has to have a conventional RB alongside him.

Billing is a player I’ve always liked. He carries threat & it’s disappointing he’ll be back for this game.

Get nervous thinking about it. Just have to get on with it now.

Last edited:
Just seen Dyche saying Onana:
No shocks regarding injuries maybe Godfrey.

Pickford
Holgate - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Onana - Gueye - Doucoure - McNeil
Gray
Id have Garner over Onana, Or Garner RB over holgate possibly

Bournemouth have pace up front.

Sadly Holgate is the only real option for RB.

I think we will win.

A similar performance and intensity we saw in Dyche’s first game v Arsenal would see us through.

…but Holgate is slow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him recover when the opposition go past him. Weird how some think he has pace. He’s also a huge liability giving away free kicks in dangerous positions.

…but Holgate is slow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him recover when the opposition go past him. Weird how some think he has pace. He’s also a huge liability giving away free kicks in dangerous positions.
He’s an ego footballer. He’s got nothing to prove he’s good enough footballer at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back