Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey for DCL?
DCL can't find the space or the right tun for the life of him. Don't know what he's doing out there.
Defence is wide open, is Godfrey fit

Anyone know when our other centre backs are expected back from injury? Presumably the straight red card means Branthwaite is banned for the remainder of the season.

The red is a red. It's very very soft, but if that's the other way round we'd be incensed if it wasn't given. Total naivety from JB.

That said I don't understand how their player hasn't got a 2nd yellow for the penalty. Totally inconsistent.

Definite shout for a penalty for us too before the red.

Had some harsh decisions but need to use them to fuel us, gonna be a long 2nd half. Just dont trust having Gomes there. Think we'll need another goal too if we are to win.
What about the yellow for the pen???

Not every pen is a yellow, but if you give one away when you have a yellow, then it is.

If he wasn't already on a yellow, I agree, shouldn't be a card.
Having a yellow doesn’t automatically mean any foul is a yellow. For Me that’s a second yellow all day long. It was careless from him, and he was entering the box.

If that happens in the centre circle, I’d be more content with not giving a second yellow as it’s less cynical.

Hopefully he does something stupid and evens it up.

We need luck, we need a big half and we need a miracle.

Refs okay giving us the penalty there is laugh out loud funny. Don't get me wrong, it was the right call, but no red? Ffs. They know we need the win and they feel confident enough Brentford will bag at least 1 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.