Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand today, I just don't get it.

We got a couple of theirs booked earlyish today, (how Oliver never made a booking for the penalty - or did he and I missed it?) why not focus on stretching those players? Richarlison and Gordon straight at them every chance? Keep on the refs back, force the issue, egg the crowd on, bump up the temperature, why?

Whats Gomes doing pretending to play? another nothing show. It has to be a midfield three Frank
, it simply has to be, how can you be so conservative away to Watford then start the game with 10.5 men? Asking, no begging for trouble.
Doucoure Alli Iwobi theres your midfield three. Got enough legs to close the space down and try to limit Eriksen. Alli has proven to have a nastier side and could have been useful looking to wind up theirs on a booking.

Got today all wrong, and theres real pressure on Thursday, going into it desperate and desperate leads to mistakes. It never had to be this way.

Edit: Though far from a world class performance I'll give credit to DCL for soldiering on when he is clearly unfit, and theres a bit of understanding for Rondon in the same way, clearly rusty as a sunken barge. Daft challenge but I understand why he was trying for it.
Glad it's done, unforgivable first half tonight. lessons need learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.