Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We had a young centre half on the bench ........
Our bench isn’t fit for purpose. A couple of youngsters that are never going to be used. A few players supposedly carrying injuries ( why have players who are carrying slight knocks even near the bench ). Dele Ali ?? And the rest just useless. Awful bench…….full of players that Lampard is reluctant to use. And Gray hasn’t made a difference now for a while…
Awful bench.. Awful use of subs …..Awful disipline…Awful result.
But we go again on Thursday. Let’s just hope that this bunch can get everything right. Let’s rock and roll. And get this team to safety.
Up the Toffees.
Ps…….any wonder that some of us like and enjoy all your old photos Joey66. Beats this present day rubbish hands down. But we live in hope. There’s always next season……..if we stay up.

Last edited:
1652738411869.jpeg

This is a still of the moment in the video where Toney kicks the back of his leg. As you can see Branthwaites legs are nowhere near Toney

I watched the Arsenal v Newcastle game last night and Arsenal actually looked beatable, albeit Newcastle are obviously a far superior side to us.

One pertinent incident that I noticed was that the Arsenal defender Ben White did exactly what Branthwaite did and only received a yellow card!

It was certainly very soft when you have the "Gordon always dives" set saying you can't initiate contact to win a foul. But going by the letter of the law it was a foul and a red. Another incident in the game was when a Brentford player ran into Iwobi and won a free kick. Some of the decisions are very subjective.
Big time - that Iwobi foul was a joke.

I wonder if the jacked-up atmosphere at the stadium actually motivated Brentford?
Not until that Geordie blurtbox bent the rules to give them the upper hand with over 70 minutes of the game left.
Before that they were nowhere and should have been two goals down with them having to play the entire second half with only 10 men.
The bent referee motivated them as they knew they could cheat with impunity while Everton were getting penalised.

No, I am not a cry-ass, I am a realist. Beaten by a better team on the day is hard to accept, but I can come to terms with that. But to have a game influenced by someone who is supposed to ensure fair play and show neutrality is totally unacceptable. Then for his governing body to do choice all about it is not just negligent, it borders on a criminal dereliction of duty.

My apologies for my rant to your reasonable enough question.

View attachment 165903

This is a still of the moment in the video where Toney kicks the back of his leg. As you can see Branthwaites legs are nowhere near Toney
The last ma rule is also long gone and as far as I know it's stopping a goal scoring opportunity.

For me. The striker has lots to do there.

Such a bad decision. Also where they not supposed to be promoting morr 5050 physicality this season?

I actually think there is an agenda against us at this point. Maybe the other clubs are complaining at our financial situation pr something but I feel this is more and more suspicious.

But also if we get relegated then it's still 100% down to the players and managers. Unfortunately can't blame anyone else

Still time to vote folks, poll doesn't close till 6.15pm UK time Thursday... before the fun and games against Palace
COYB !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.