Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were up against a very good side who put four goals past Chelsea last month.

However, we were completely dominating them and should have been 2-0 up by the 15 minute mark. We would have been 2-0 up had we received a penalty for that foul on Richarlison just before the Branthwaite sending off.

As Micah Richards said: our fans were like a 12th man and were really spurring the players on. Then Goodison became a bit deflated and the atmosphere went down a peg or two after the sending off.

Ultimately no team in this league could keep a clean sheet while playing with fewer players for 70-odd minutes.

I’m not sure how Sorenson was still on the pitch by the time half-time came around. Two lunges at our players, two fouls on Richarlison on the penalty box etc.

I had to perpetuate the Scouse persecution complex stereotype, but when will a terrible decision finally go in our favour? I keep hearing this cliche about swings and roundabouts but these decisions simply aren’t evening themselves out.
Waddya mean, of course it's fair on scourers, of course it evens out, swings and roundabouts innit, you get good decisions and bad.
Well the rs get the good and we get the bad - but hey ho, they're all (to quote Lock stock etc) Northern monkeys so its balanced out;
sorted.

Am I the only one who thinks Branthwaite was not a red card? Toney just runs across him and throws himself. Three games we’ve played these now and he has “won” two pens and now got a player sent off against us

I don't think it was a red either. They barely focused on it and from what I saw he clearly threw himself to the ground.

If you don't want to get angry - don't put on SSN - that ref they have on is justifying why Richarlison shirt pull isn't a pen.

"I believe the best ref in the country had a reason not to give it"

This is getting too obvious.

The presenter is actually kind of arguing with him

"why didn't he check himself to put it at rest"? - "what if he made the same decision"

No wonder we have no refs going to the world cup or euros.

If you don't want to get angry - don't put on SSN - that ref they have on is justifying why Richarlison shirt pull isn't a pen.

"I believe the best ref in the country had a reason not to give it"

This is getting too obvious.

The presenter is actually kind of arguing with him

"why didn't he check himself to put it at rest"? - "what if he made the same decision"

No wonder we have no refs going to the world cup or euros.

Who is the bald ref on this show btw?

Eriksen turns up against everyone. He's simply a very good player who knows his own strengths and weaknesses and possesses all the football iq necessary to make himself the best he can be. Excellent player. Let's face it, Brentford without him go straight back down.
Everton are not doing a bad job themselves of striving to go down THIS season never mind about next. Everton is an example of a team who thinks it has the RIGHT to stay up. They are poorly run in comparison to the 'smaller' club Brentford.

I like their manager Frank a lot. But just like all other managers, he went very quiet and didn't have the good grace to say they got huge amounts of luck with the referee. I'm upset and biased but his comments about the referee were a bit of a nonsense. To say the referee had a good game shows bias and zero objectivity.
'Bias and Zero objectivity from Frank? Did Lampard fulfil this criteria with his remarks? The answer must be a resounding NO.

Sick to the pit of my stomach after that!
We were the better team and on top the crowd and atmosphere was amazing then the ref / var not doing their job by by the rules of the game ruined it again, ref looking right at the shirt pull from a few yards away gives sweet FA them gives a red card for an incident that was should have been irrelevant had he done his job properly 30 seconds earlier, then our penalty awarded but bottle on the punishment of the Brentford player who was on a yellow should be 2nd and red, there corner from were I sit I thought it was a goal kick maybe I wrong but they scored from there. Factor in to today the man city non handball and a lot more and im starting to seriously think there IS CORRUPTION going on and the script is written before a ball gets kicked to keep the order of play and the TV money advertising money rolling in on the cash cow of the premier league. I can take getting beat by another team just can't take getting beat by the officials who don't answer to no body for the wrongs they make and either can't or won't acknowledge the basic rules of the game,
Of course 'you are sick to the stomach after that'. Everton are very poorly run club whose fans think to get an unfair advantage by setting off fireworks outside the Brentford Hotel at 4.30 in the morning and racially abuse two of their players and their families after the game. What an example to set to children. I thought Leed's fans were 'the pits' but Everton, so called fans, have just assumed the mantle.

No doubt we suffered from bad decisions but that does not excuse poor play, what else can one say.
yep poor play (wtf rondon wtf) but Frank has to be questioned as well.
I'd agree with the point against Watford, it was vital that was got.
But he misread the Goodison factor and state of play.
With the red card it should've been dig the trenches, get up the barricades and bring the full force of Goodison behind em.
What we got was a shambles.
If Alan and Godfrey were on the bench they had to come on.

Get the back four set with Godfrey in.
Alan for Gomes with Douc, Iwobi and Gordon defending the midfield.
DCL off with Richarlison playing the foil.
If we needed to go for them in last 10mins bring on Rondon for Gordon.

All easy in hindsight.
I have faith in Frank that he'll learn from this one though.

Last edited:
Of course 'you are sick to the stomach after that'. Everton are very poorly run club whose fans think to get an unfair advantage by setting off fireworks outside the Brentford Hotel at 4.30 in the morning and racially abuse two of their players and their families after the game. What an example to set to children. I thought Leed's fans were 'the pits' but Everton, so called fans, have just assumed the mantle.

You've come on here solely to WUM and antagonize.

Always keen to avoid whataboutery and call out wrong for being wrong but here and here and here now kindly do one lad.

Eriksen turns up against everyone. He's simply a very good player who knows his own strengths and weaknesses and possesses all the football iq necessary to make himself the best he can be. Excellent player. Let's face it, Brentford without him go straight back down.
I'm just annoyed because I've seen him dissappear v the rs and Southampton ages ago with I needed spurs to win for a bet. What can I say I hold grudges

Could it simply be that 'Richy' (as you call him) is a blant 'diver' writhing in 'faked' agony most of the time and most referees IGNORE his play acting as it is so common place ?
It looks more a penalty than the one he gave us .

Status
Not open for further replies.