Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were up against a very good side who put four goals past Chelsea last month.

However, we were completely dominating them and should have been 2-0 up by the 15 minute mark. We would have been 2-0 up had we received a penalty for that foul on Richarlison just before the Branthwaite sending off.

As Micah Richards said: our fans were like a 12th man and were really spurring the players on. Then Goodison became a bit deflated and the atmosphere went down a peg or two after the sending off.

Ultimately no team in this league could keep a clean sheet while playing with fewer players for 70-odd minutes.

I’m not sure how Sorenson was still on the pitch by the time half-time came around. Two lunges at our players, two fouls on Richarlison on the penalty box etc.

I had to perpetuate the Scouse persecution complex stereotype, but when will a terrible decision finally go in our favour? I keep hearing this cliche about swings and roundabouts but these decisions simply aren’t evening themselves out.

We were up against a very good side who put four goals past Chelsea last month.

However, we were completely dominating them and should have been 2-0 up by the 15 minute mark. We would have been 2-0 up had we received a penalty for that foul on Richarlison just before the Branthwaite sending off.

As Micah Richards said: our fans were like a 12th man and were really spurring the players on. Then Goodison became a bit deflated and the atmosphere went down a peg or two after the sending off.

Ultimately no team in this league could keep a clean sheet while playing with fewer players for 70-odd minutes.
Spot on mate, but especially a side with such a poor midfield like ours. I'd love to know the reason behind Allan's lack of game time recently - it's criminal to play Gomes unless you're absolutely desperate. It was just attack against defence and watching Henry (best left back I've seen in years at Goodison) their left back have the freedom of Goodison Park was just waiting for him to create chance after chance. Did not expect him to pop up with a flying header, but when you have no decent centre back on the field these kind of things happen.

Regarding the abuse of Brentford players and, in their own words, their mothers.

Sounds like the obvious insult being referenced was directed at the players themselves.

Let's hope the culprit or culprits are dealt with appropriately.

Overwhelming feeling after that game is...why didn't we try and win the game against Watford? Sitting deep against the worse team in the league and banking on home form always seemed optimistic.

Left ourselves open to what happened yesterday with a man being sent off. Drawing against a side that didn't even want to play the game sums this season up.

Not long finished watching the game. 10 mins or so in, 1-0 up, crowd making us play like not an extra man but 2. I got comfortable, thinking to myself "cant remember the last time I could sit back and enjoy watching a game"

And then smack, back to reality.

The game v Palace is massive. I hope the fans going to the game take their A game because yet again today you were great. Once more into the breach.....

You’re missing my point with respect. Let’s acknowledge that many of our players today were awful and, worryingly, look to be tiring. As a collective they deserved nothing for that performance against a poor newly promoted side.

Let’s not play the RS victims card here. We and they at kickoff time knew what was needed today and these players failed abysmally. This does not bode well for the next 180 mins of prem football.

One only hopes Leeds and or Burnley lose their remaining games and these same failures don’t need to be further relied upon.
1) They're not really that poor - they could still (and let's hope DO) finish in the top half
2) It's not "playing the victim card", it's just realism - one (truly shambolic) decision changed that game yesterday. Playing 70mins with 10 men against ANYONE in the PL is astonishingly difficult - moreso with only 1 recognised centre half.

Our position is now looking desperate because of the lack of bravery against Watford. Settling for a point against them instead of going out for revenge for the humiliation they imposed on us at Goodison is coming back to bite us on the backside.

I won't be watching against Palace because I have to go and watch Warrington getting battered at home by St Helens instead. Why do I do this to myself, must be masochism :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.