Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to Mr.Lampard and his bunch of mainly useless players. ( sorry....shouldnt be calling the players that everything now depends on, useless ). The poor wee darlings.....
Just beat Palace on Thursday. Get this club to PL safety. And give my head a wee bit of peace for a change. Give all our heads peace. Peace of mind . Premier League safety and all is well for a few months...

Then hopefully Mr. Lampard if you are the real deal ( and I'm not really that sure that you are ). You have a good pre-season. And get this Everton team fine tuned to go again next season. No nonsense mind. No more of this nonsense. So.......Just beat Palace. Not much really. Just need to win one football match. Thanking you Mr.Lampard.
And how about three in midfield. And a traditional back four.
And please remember that you are allowed to make substitutions if things aren't going to plan.. Not much really that I'm asking. Just the Premier League survival of Everton football club.
So ..thanks again Mr. Lampard. Up The Toffees....

What a load of tosh...,
I get it you think his delivery is bob on then. If you honestly think his delivery for the number of positions he gets into (which I'm not disputing he works hard and probably harder than pretty well everybody else in the team) are good enough then that's one of our problems. He is nowhere near what's needed to be used as our dead ball man. I like him don't get me wrong but to point to one cross that someone scores with does not make him our dead ball man. Rondon has scored for us this season does that make him number 1 choice up front... absolutely not. I'm simply saying he needs to improve his assists and finishing dramatically to make it at the top level. Running around a lot is the minimum i expect of any footballer pulling on the Everton shirt which he does but please improve your final ball.

True.
However, This clear injustice from the ref cannot be used as a smokescreen to deflect away from truly rank performances from a number of players today. Doucoure, DCL, Gordon dreadful. Rondon not even worthy of criticism as he was on so short a time and one hopes is now finished as an Everton player with a straight red.
If you thought DCL was dreadful today you need to watch a different sport, that was the old Dom today won everything in the air and brought players into play, even a Brentford fan was on the radio saying he was immense today

I get it you think his delivery is bob on then. If you honestly think his delivery for the number of positions he gets into (which I'm not disputing he works hard and probably harder than pretty well everybody else in the team) are good enough then that's one of our problems. He is nowhere near what's needed to be used as our dead ball man. I like him don't get me wrong but to point to one cross that someone scores with does not make him our dead ball man. Rondon has scored for us this season does that make him number 1 choice up front... absolutely not. I'm simply saying he needs to improve his assists and finishing dramatically to make it at the top level. Running around a lot is the minimum i expect of any footballer pulling on the Everton shirt which he does but please improve your final ball.
This is a real issue, getting way beyond a joke now. It's like the opposition are planning the breakaway in anticipation of yet another woeful hits the first man or goes out delivery.

MOTD2 put Spurs v Burnley, a 1-0 game with a penalty and Leeds v Brighton on before our game which had 5 goals,a penalty and 2 sending off.

If you thought DCL was dreadful today you need to watch a different sport, that was the old Dom today won everything in the air and brought players into play, even a Brentford fan was on the radio saying he was immense today

Toney was better. I’d say immense if he scored a hat trick or peppered the goal. DCL managed to actually have a goal credited to him without ever remotely looking like scoring.

You’re missing my point with respect. Let’s acknowledge that many of our players today were awful and, worryingly, look to be tiring. As a collective they deserved nothing for that performance against a poor newly promoted side.

Let’s not play the RS victims card here. We and they at kickoff time knew what was needed today and these players failed abysmally. This does not bode well for the next 180 mins of prem football.

One only hopes Leeds and or Burnley lose their remaining games and these same failures don’t need to be further relied upon.
Sorry, no victim card being played. Just a simple statement of facts.

One thing I WILL say, and I've gone on about this a few times this season and been pilloried for it: Brentford's second goal from the corner - man on the back post and it is headed away quite easily. But it's a modern fashion to have no-one on the posts from corners nowadays, and goals are conceded as a result on a regular basis as a result...

Status
Not open for further replies.