Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say we will miss Delph...? Allan just doesn't seem as disciplined as a DM he wants to press, I suppose it should be ok at home but it might leave gaps for Erikson which is why I would go for a three of Allan, Doucoure and Iwobi.
I am more than likely wrong, but Allan has never been a DM in the true sense. He only became a 'shoe in' previously, but has been used there because of our wonderful, ahem, recruiting from highly paid DOF's.
Walsh was a clown and Brands was here for grooming his hairstyle. Let's hope the new bod is better, but, could he actually be worse? koppite isn't he, or is that something else I've got wrong?

Being both Candid and objective here I feel like our recent successes have been delivered by keeping clean sheets or restricting the opposition attacking chances. This, brought about by some resolute defending in numbers, Jordan Pickford returning to his sunderland form, and a huge amount of good fortune, has given us a platform to get results.
Unfortunately our attack has suffered both from a reduction in opportunities(moving Iwobi back to wing back) and an inability to be clinical with the few chances we have had.
So how does this impact tomorrow's game? Lampards would be crazy to change the formation. Nothing Brentford have suggests we need to redessign our formula to nulify theirs.
Defence stays as is. Midfield 2 of Doucoure and Allan forced upon him by sicknote Delph. Hopefully Allan has been watching Delph video's this week. Niether Gomes, Davies or VDB are match honed and this is too big a risk to trust them. Up front he has options and the return of DCL makes sense to be more clinical (if he is up for it) Richy to the left and Gordon on the right for sheer energy, to help the midfield 2 not get over run. Out of possession we revert to a 5-4-1.
From the bench he has options like Grey, Rondon and Dele if we are behind. If we are ahead make subs later and shore up the midfield, taking off Gordon.
UTFT!!!
Did you miss one out Charles? Our midfield two has to be a three and the energy and tracking of the born again Iwobi (the one I think you missed) is essential.
Other than that, your synopsis is spot on.

read the leaked program notes from Uncle Frank and while I was moved, I was worried. reading between the lines he was begging us to be the 12th man. managers always claim their supporters are the best but to be fair I have not heard fans sing the whole game in years. I wonder if he is actually afected.

Pls no. dcl is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike with zero heart. Him and dele Ali would be the worst selections in a battle
How else are you freshening it up in the front line through and considering DCL came on against Watford I presume he will start

Was lucky enough to get a ticket from the resale site last week for the game tomorrow, but not lucky enough for it to arrive in time.

Nice one Everton ?

I am more than likely wrong, but Allan has never been a DM in the true sense. He only became a 'shoe in' previously, but has been used there because of our wonderful, ahem, recruiting from highly paid DOF's.
Walsh was a clown and Brands was here for grooming his hairstyle. Let's hope the new bod is better, but, could he actually be worse? koppite isn't he, or is that something else I've got wrong?
Shoo.

read the leaked program notes from Uncle Frank and while I was moved, I was worried. reading between the lines he was begging us to be the 12th man. managers always claim their supporters are the best but to be fair I have not heard fans sing the whole game in years. I wonder if he is actually afected.

Yes I think he has been affected, he seems a very genuine bloke and I think we’ve fast found a place in his heart already.
I’m not surprised he’s desperate for us to help them over the line in the final 2 home games because he knows how awful our squad is!
On paper, we have far better players than Burnley and Leeds, I really believe that, but our squad is so unbalanced it’s pathetic and it’s so irresponsible we’ve been left in this position.

We have one left back in the entire squad which has lead to us playing a RB or CB at LB for multiple games for the last two seasons!
We have one CDM who is the most injury prone player we have in Delph which has lead to us mostly playing Allan or Doucoure (both classic box to box players) there.
We have NO creative players, not one playmaker. This is because even though Sigurdsson was clearly going to miss the season Benitez thought it ok to punt James to the Middle East.
We haven’t got anyone who can take a consistently good set piece - even though aerial threat is huge with Richy, dcl, Mina and Keane.

So yeah, we need to help the boys over the line then have a big rebuild in the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.