Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t expect anyone to applaud after that performanc, I was explaining why I thought Rondon left the pitch immediately after the game,in fact only Gordon and Grey could hold their heads up after the game and to a degree Pickford, who was screaming his head off at his defenders throughout the game for the stupid mistakes his team mates made without any pressure on them, mistakes that cost us two of the Brighton goals.
I was just cross and drunk last night so sorry about that. Literally just arrived home from the match, a couple of hundred quid down with very little sleep after two nights on a ferry. Didn't mean to take it out on fellow blues.

FB_IMG_1641198582821.jpg

A question for you if I may @Jimmyjoe, and I know this will not be popular, but would you bring Big Joe out of retirement to manage our club once again? On a purely temporary basis until we find a proper manager, or to be a guiding and steadying hand for a less experienced manager.
I recall at the start of the season that with the crowds returning to grounds that last seasons away game victories would not be repeated, but would be offset by winning far more of our home games. Well that's going well.
I have been a match going attendee since 1954 and a season ticket holder since 1962 and, the Walker era aside, I have never seen such a bunch of frightened rabbits looking into headlamps as our current crop of players since that time. Manny of the 'terrible' players are internationals, but seem completely devoid of confidence . They all appear to be playing each game knowing the formation and tactics will not work and does not suit their style of play, but, as professionals, have to go out and do them anyway.
Enough is more than enough for me, and with this fella in charge gaining more and more control of all things football, things will only get worse.
Everton is shambolic. We have Mosh, BPB and DBB in the boardroom, and now this joker to underline our standing as the number one club to be run by those with a more vested interest in their standings, than those of the club.
I hate to type this, but the 'r' word seems inevitable. If not this season, then certainly next unless radical changes, not tinkered ones, are made.
Dramatic, but, Everton Football Club .......1878-???? R.I.P.
I thought Joe Royle did a cracking job for us and really believed that he was on the verge of producing something special. That era of the likes of Kanchelskis, Speed, Ferguson etc... and if it wasn't for injuries to key players at the wrong moment then I think he was building a top team. Sadly it all fell apart to quickly and then it took us until Moyes to really recover.

However, no, I don't think I would bring him back. I think he is probably too old now and has been out of the game for too long. I think Ferguson would do on a temporary basis - as that would at least get the crowd back behind the team. The problem with Benitez isn't just his history, but his defensive style and stubborn style of man management no longer works in the modern game.

We need a young, hungry manager like a Moyes type from 2002 to start the re-build job again

I was just cross and drunk last night so sorry about that. Literally just arrived home from the match, a couple of hundred quid down with very little sleep after two nights on a ferry. Didn't mean to take it out on fellow blues.
No problems and no offence, in fact I owe you an apology didn’t realise you travelled so far to watch that dross yesterday, you‘re a better Blue than me mate, takes me five minutes by car to get to Goodison, best wishes mate.

I thought Joe Royle did a cracking job for us and really believed that he was on the verge of producing something special. That era of the likes of Kanchelskis, Speed, Ferguson etc... and if it wasn't for injuries to key players at the wrong moment then I think he was building a top team. Sadly it all fell apart to quickly and then it took us until Moyes to really recover.

However, no, I don't think I would bring him back. I think he is probably too old now and has been out of the game for too long. I think Ferguson would do on a temporary basis - as that would at least get the crowd back behind the team. The problem with Benitez isn't just his history, but his defensive style and stubborn style of man management no longer works in the modern game.

We need a young, hungry manager like a Moyes type from 2002 to start the re-build job again
I'm in agreement with your views @Jimmyjoe, I merely proffered Big Joe as a temporary measure to steady the ship as it were. Somebody like he would bring fans and players back together again. Somebody all could associate with the club and be able to trust with the best interest of all, as paramount.
Your mention of Big Dunc was part of my thought process when I stated in my post that Joe would be ideal to guide a rookie manager through the difficult task of re-building the club. Much damage has been done, but not that deep it cannot be rectified by somebody with knowledge, and spirit, and honesty.
On the proviso the task in hand is not allowed to be impeded by further procrastination.

No problems and no offence, in fact I owe you an apology didn’t realise you travelled so far to watch that dross yesterday, you‘re a better Blue than me mate, takes me five minutes by car to get to Goodison, best wishes mate.
No apology from you needed, honestly. I do two or three games a year. They're days out for me. The every week match-going fans are the true backbone of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.