Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Mrs BR and I met 32 years ago this month. Love her so much.
Awe, how sweet of you to still be able to express your love for her. Congrats to you and Mrs. BR. My husband and I have been together for 27 years, married for 25 and this NYE we still managed to have a great time just the two of us (while our daughter complained we were playing music too loud). Nothing like still being able to love and have fun with your partner after so long.

Yesterday match though must feel like a bad marriage for many of you that have been hitched to the Blues for so long without long lasting happiness :(

Last edited:
That’s another good point. Do you bring someone in now, just as we’re re-loosening the purse strings to an extent, after the last few recruitment disasters, and let them have free reign from day one on who we sign?

It all just highlights what an almighty mess we are at the moment.
I totally missed this post yesterday, Brett. I’m sorry. It must have been during the time I was getting penalized with points for going off topic so I decided to depart from this thread lol

What are your thoughts on letting Ferguson take over instead of bringing someone new?

I totally missed this post yesterday, Brett. I’m sorry. It must have been during the time I was getting penalized with points for going off topic so I decided to depart from this thread lol

What are your thoughts on letting Ferguson take over instead of bringing someone new?
Sentimental nonsense IMO. As a short-term option he might get a bit of fight out of our players but I don’t feel like he has the wherewithal to implement the tactical changes we need.

We’ve missed the boat on the good coaches that were available for nothing so we either put faith in a young up-and-comer or we pay through the nose to buy an established coach and his back room staff out of their existing deals.

Sentimental nonsense IMO. As a short-term option he might get a bit of fight out of our players but I don’t feel like he has the wherewithal to implement the tactical changes we need.

We’ve missed the boat on the good coaches that were available for nothing so we either put faith in a young up-and-comer or we pay through the nose to buy an established coach and his back room staff out of their existing deals.
I was thinking short-term until the summer so we have enough time to find the right manager. Because like you say we have already missed our chances of getting a good available coach at the moment but after June there may be more availability and cheaper options. I would also rather we hire a young up-and-comer than another established manager with old tactics.

Thank you. I was with two of my kids (grown up). I feel very guilty about putting them on this road. At least I got to see us win stuff. Still, like most on here, I'll be over to matches, be it Premier or Championship. Proper addictive behaviour but what can you do?

Awe, how sweet of you to still be able to express your love for her. Congrats to you and Mrs. BR. My husband and I have been together for 27 years, married for 25 and this NYE we still managed to have a great time just the two of us (while our daughter complained we were playing music too loud). Nothing like still being able to love and have fun with your partner after so long.

Yesterday match though must feel like a bad marriage for many of you that have been hitched to the Blues for so long without long lasting happiness :(
Well,we had a lovely party on New Year's Eve with 3 of my daughter's cousins and my wife's brother and his wife. It was always a tradition in our house to have a party on New year's Eve. Sadly the first without my dear Mum, who died in February. We sang her songs and those of my dear Dad. Buenas!

A stroke of luck, my wife deleted the MOD recording. I only have the sad description of the game from my son and granddaughter who went to the match and suffered. Worrying and depressing times these are.

Well,we had a lovely party on New Year's Eve with 3 of my daughter's cousins and my wife's brother and his wife. It was always a tradition in our house to have a party on New year's Eve. Sadly the first without my dear Mum, who died in February. We sang her songs and those of my dear Dad. Buenas!
I imagine it must have been hard to spend your first NYE without your mum, but it seems your family found a way to feel attached to her and to honour her that night. Que descanse en paz vuestra madre! x

Status
Not open for further replies.