Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I right in thinking Kompany won't be on the sideline after getting sent off against Chelsea?
The FA announced on Wednesday that the Burnley boss has been charged with improper conduct.

A statement read: “It is alleged that the manager’s language and/or behaviour around the 40th minute was improper and/or abusive and/or insulting towards a match official and/or questioned their integrity.”

Kompany has until 6pm on Friday, April 5 to respond to the charge.

Nothing confirmed as yet.

Weatherman says blowing a gale on Saturday afternoon. If Dyche is going to stick with wellying the ball in the air we might want to change our walk out music for this one from Z Cars to the Benny Hill music to get them in the mood.

We're going to smash someone this season. It could well be these.

UTFT
A Gale has helped us with hoofball before

Still managed to lose though

Why would they sit and defend deep?

This is also now a must win for them.
I remember from the league cup game earlier in the season, although Kompany rotated most of his squad, there were a couple of times starting from their goal kicks where they were able to cut right through us with short, quick passes.
Potentially they could sit in deep against us but be much more effective moving the ball up field than Dyche’s long ball approach

I remember from the league cup game earlier in the season, although Kompany rotated most of his squad, there were a couple of times starting from their goal kicks where they were able to cut right through us with short, quick passes.
Potentially they could sit in deep against us but be much more effective moving the ball up field than Dyche’s long ball approach

I think majority of teams have been able to cut through us, and likely every other team has a much more effective moving of the ball than the dinosaurs approach.

However, they will have to do more than this and come out and play against us on Saturday... They have 21 points to play for.

Surely at home, with the fans, and with the team (albeit bad), we are better than and will have too much for Burnley at the weekend!