Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My early morning gut feeling is...we all know what's going to happen and it won't be pretty!

Just for once Everton prove those of us bed-wetters wrong and actually go from the start to win this game comfortably so that we can then have a peaceful weekend before the anticipated incoming from the latest PL hearing.

Not too much to ask, surely?

….Dyche Burnley played us off the park the game McNeil scored that screamer in the Gwladys St, they were so impressive and played some terrific stuff.

Regardless, we tend to struggle against sides who’ll invariably be on the back foot at Goodison.

Dyche’s Burnley played good football lol I’ve heard it all now.

They had 34% possession and less shots than us in that game so I’ve got a feeling they weren’t a tiki taka machine. They’ll have more of the ball than us on Saturday because that’s how they play now and also how Dyche plays with us.

I’ve been looking forward to this one because Burnley only have one way of playing and it plays right into our hands.

All of our good play at Newcastle (and we did have some good moves, particularly second half) came from winning possession and countering against a really dangerous attack but a lot of it broke down against a solid defence.

This game is against an average attack and a crap defence with a high line… we will get lots of chances.

He’s not been since 2017, and because he follows us via the tv, he’s convinced things aren’t as bad as we make out.

90mins of the real thing at GP on Saturday should sort his attitude out!
He'll be sorry he didn't take advantage of that long flight. He'll be out booooo'd by everyone. It's all we're good at now.

My early morning gut feeling is...we all know what's going to happen and it won't be pretty!

Just for once Everton prove those of us bed-wetters wrong and actually go from the start to win this game comfortably so that we can then have a peaceful weekend before the anticipated incoming from the latest PL hearing.

Not too much to ask, surely?
Who are you calling surely? The name's McBooing

They had 34% possession and less shots than us in that game so I’ve got a feeling they weren’t a tiki taka machine. They’ll have more of the ball than us on Saturday because that’s how they play now and also how Dyche plays with us.
To me they’re a bit like 18/19 Fulham , 19/20 Norwich etc., They played a certain attractive style of football in the championship while having one of the best teams there that isn’t sustainable in the prem for a club on their level and didn't adapt well enough. There are other teams like Brentford and Wolves that did that succesfully and became lethal on transmissions.

In the end the better football of Kompany led to the 5th worst points outcome of any teams after 30 games in the prem history. They spent a lot of money on talents and imo neglected to also buy some prem ready players, but still they are underachieving. It feels a lot of times like they think possession is the final score. You can call it being naive as well.

Could be that they will go down like with Dyche the first season and then come up again being way more competitive with Kompany as the prem is a steep learning curve. Like Fulham with Parker and Silva.

Fulham made wise transfers with Mitrovic, Palhina and Willian when they came up last year.

Our season so far has mimicked many a Burnley season under Dyche. Half decent start leading to a mid season drop off and the spectre of relegation, before a strong finish down the home straight with survival p much guaranteed with a few games left to play. We have about 5 or so six pointers in the next period. This is a HUGE game to kick it off - we win this and I think we do end up cruising to mid-table, points deduction permitting. We lose it and I think the writing is on the wall.

In the first fixture at their gaff they caused us plenty of problems with their front-to-back style of play. The only reason they didn't get more from us was their genuine lack of quality - poor first touches, crap passes and whatnot. Although we won that game confidently, I actually thought we were pretty poor and both our goals were horrid.

Burnley have seen an uptick in performance levels recently and have been causing teams problems. I think they've been unfortunate to come away with 3 points in quite a few of their score draws. And you know what happens when teams come to Goodison with that kind of form. I have a horrible, sinking feeling that we lose this something horrible, two or three nil to them.

Have to go back to the team that was getting us results early in the season:

Picks
Young - Tarks - Branners - Myko
Onana - Garner
Harrison - Doucoure - McNeill
DCL​

Our season so far has mimicked many a Burnley season under Dyche. Half decent start leading to a mid season drop off and the spectre of relegation, before a strong finish down the home straight with survival p much guaranteed with a few games left to play. We have about 5 or so six pointers in the next period. This is a HUGE game to kick it off - we win this and I think we do end up cruising to mid-table, points deduction permitting. We lose it and I think the writing is on the wall.

In the first fixture at their gaff they caused us plenty of problems with their front-to-back style of play. The only reason they didn't get more from us was their genuine lack of quality - poor first touches, crap passes and whatnot. Although we won that game confidently, I actually thought we were pretty poor and both our goals were horrid.

Burnley have seen an uptick in performance levels recently and have been causing teams problems. I think they've been unfortunate to come away with 3 points in quite a few of their score draws. And you know what happens when teams come to Goodison with that kind of form. I have a horrible, sinking feeling that we lose this something horrible, two or three nil to them.

Have to go back to the team that was getting us results early in the season:

Picks
Young - Tarks - Branners - Myko
Onana - Garner
Harrison
- Doucoure - McNeill
DCL
All have dropped off a cliff form wise since they were getting us results.