Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Early goal does wonders. Quick start, get Burnley heads dropping early doors.

Gomes, DCL, Garner and Coleman to start for me, over Doucoure, Gueye, Beto and Godfrey. I can see him starting Doucoure like, but his recent form doesn't deserve another start.

Dreamt last night that we beat these 2-0. However, unfortunately for you lot it was me that came off the bench at half time and scored both goals. The Burnley team had somehow become toddlers in the second half, and Dyche had been sacked during half time.

On balance, I probably wouldn't put much stock in it.

Since the start of last season we have won 9 in 33 attempts at home, but in our 9 wins they have all come with a clean sheet.

Dyche record is 7 league wins in 23 attempts, in terms of points he has yielded 26 points from a possible 69 at home, the poor home form is why I always get nervous.

POSITIVE = Just 3 defeats at home in the last 10, they were to West Ham, Man Ure and Man City, 3 wins which has yielded a total of 13 points from them 10 games (WDLWWLDDDL).

Nothing we can do about the past but this manager and these players can affect the present and future but the home form needs to improve..... I will add that IMO 3 wins at home all season to April is unacceptable...

Either way COYB, an early goal or so will will be massive to ease the nervous feeling within GP, Burnley are in good form so it will not be easy.

Last edited:
I’m hoping, just by the law of averages, that we have to win eventually and today is that day. But my faith in this manager and most of these players to get it is almost completely evaporated. The Everton which gifts soft goals seems to be in full swing once more combined with the chronic struggle to score goals has me feeling anxious about a home game against friggin Burnley. Lose this and I think the majority of the players will be gone mentally.

So to do my part in an almost reverse-jinx I have stuck money on Burnley at almost 5/1 and also covered them in a Draw No Bet as well. If we win, money well spent in my view.

I’m hoping, just by the law of averages, that we have to win eventually and today is that day. But my faith in this manager and most of these players to get it is almost completely evaporated. The Everton which gifts soft goals seems to be in full swing once more combined with the chronic struggle to score goals has me feeling anxious about a home game against friggin Burnley. Lose this and I think the majority of the players will be gone mentally.

So to do my part in an almost reverse-jinx I have stuck money on Burnley at almost 5/1 and also covered them in a Draw No Bet as well. If we win, money well spent in my view.
I've done the Burnley/Luton/Brentford triple up, the ultimate nightmare outcome.

G'day sisters & brothers.

lataus (16).jpg

Important thing for me today is try to keep a clean sheet.

2/10 since the turn of the year. Which have in turn been worth 33% of our points.

We're the second lowest scorers in the league, just try to make our task that little less difficult. Would bite your hand off here for a 1-0.