Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Since the start of last season we have won 9 in 33 attempts at home, but in our 9 wins they have all come with a clean sheet.

Dyche record is 7 league wins in 23 attempts, in terms of points he has yielded 26 points from a possible 69 at home, the poor home form is why I always get nervous.

POSITIVE = Just 3 defeats at home in the last 10, they were to West Ham, Man Ure and Man City, 3 wins which has yielded a total of 13 points from them 10 games (WDLWWLDDDL).

Nothing we can do about the past but this manager and these players can affect the present and future but the home form needs to improve..... I will add that IMO 3 wins at home all season to April is unacceptable...

Either way COYB, an early goal or so will will be massive to ease the nervous feeling within GP, Burnley are in good form so it will not be easy.
I’m nervous as anything, not feeling good about this at all BUT surely the POSITIVE is that we’ve only played one of the bottom six at home yet this season which could indicate why our record is so bad

If we accept that we’re the 15th or so worst team in the league without deductions well we still have four of the five who are worse than us left to play

We put our faith in some weird scenarios. Mine is now that DCL has scored he'll go on a scoring spree. And it was only a penalty.

I’m nervous as anything, not feeling good about this at all BUT surely the POSITIVE is that we’ve only played one of the bottom six at home yet this season which could indicate why our record is so bad

If we accept that we’re the 15th or so worst team in the league without deductions well we still have four of the five who are worse than us left to play
Just praying for a win today, I think it is a must win but we do have a terrible terrible record against newly promoted sides at home. Baz on Toffee TV mentioned it in their show yesterday.

With Luton playing Bournemouth at home and Brentford away at Villa today and Forest at Spurs tomorrow you`d think a win here would be absolutely massive, even more so if Luton fail to win.

But that is is what Everton do isn`t it, big chance to move away from it all but bottle it. FOR ONCE Everton just put these to bed and end our poor run and give us the best chance of staying up without taking it to the last games of the season.

Just ready to set off to GP and for probably only the 2nd time this season I'm feeling really optimistic about a good win - I'm normally reasonably optimistic for certain games but for some reason I'm fully expecting a good to-nil win (3-0 or 4-0) and a huge boost in positivity just before we potentially get the next punishment. That said, with the furore around the first deduction and the plans to scrap the PSR charade I'm quietly confident it's more likely a transfer ban or at most 3 points.

IMO there is no way we get another ten point deduction. Four max, I would say.

Which is why I say that four point buffer needs to be extended…to allow for another deduction being more than the four points I think is the top of Masters’ range.

And looking at our fixtures and Luton’s, there is nowt to stop us putting even more clear blue water between us and them.

we’ll see! hope so