• Nathan Patterson 80'

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Lewis Dobbin '94

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Calvert-Lewin was excellent last night, really bossed their defenders about. Danjuma was awful, Beto done alright & that move for the third was beautiful.

I was unsure about going for Young and would still prefer Patterson.

Burnley offered no challenge to us at all - they looked really abject and could go straight back down. Worst of the newly promoted sides I've seen this seen*.

*although, it must be noted that they did play a weakened side (seven changes).

I thought Calvert-Lewin was excellent last night, really bossed their defenders about. Danjuma was awful, Beto done alright & that move for the third was beautiful.

I was unsure about going for Young and would still prefer Patterson.

Burnley offered no challenge to us at all - they looked really abject and could go straight back down. Worst of the newly promoted sides I've seen this seen*.

*although, it must be noted that they did play a weakened side (seven changes).

Was disappointed with Danjuma thought he could offer more technical nuance than Dacoure. How wrong can you be.

Was disappointed with Danjuma thought he could offer more technical nuance than Dacoure. How wrong can you be.
I know it's only early on, yet I'm not sold on Danjuma in the slightest. He looked lost yesterday in the role he was asked to play, with little effort really shown.

His positioning and movement is poor - almost walking around. When he's played on the wing, he's looked better although for me far too selfish.

I know it's only early on, yet I'm not sold on Danjuma in the slightest. He looked lost yesterday in the role he was asked to play, with little effort really shown.

His positioning and movement is poor - almost walking around. When he's played on the wing, he's looked better although for me far too selfish.
Was going add, maybe its a match fitness issue but did not to give Lampettes an angle in over Dyche fit and rotations. Indeed maybe too busy for in n10 and best kept wide.

Anyone else get in thd match a bit late last night ? Absolutely chocker around the stadium apparently a problem with online ticketing. Congratulations to the fans for being being calm during thd situation, thought they might have delayed the kick off though.

About as ideal an outcome as one could wish for.

3-0, spine of the first eleven with a few chancers thrown in for competitions sake, momentum builder into the weekend with no harm done to the injury list.

Thought Danjuma was disappointing, just doesn't look at it enough for the pace of the English game. Either trying to do too much when he needs to keep it simple or keeping it too simple when he needs to have a go.

Have to say I am so pleased for Mykolenko, gets a lot of stick on here but is really solid defensively, see him almost as third centre half as is vogue currently. If we can have Patterson as the attacking full back on the other side we'd almost have a modern approach to defending on the ball. Too many are quick to criticise our young full backs out of context, forgetting that context is everything. See what happens to them both when we have a stable centre half partnership and a good midfield screen.

Speaking of which, Branners. My word what a difference he has made to the entire team, front to back. That he is improving more senior footballers around him is testimony not just to his ability but also to his attitude and demeanour. Like all the great centre halves he exudes a kind of strange aggressive calmness. Should be in the frame for an England call up on this form and, actually, what a partnership that would be at the Euros next year: him and Stones.

Onana for me was MOM though, great work all over the pitch, tough tackling, rangy distribution, carries the ball well, aerial presence, all round box to box midfield display. Also shout out to Harrison, really like what he offers on that right side. Ambidextrous as well so is a threat either side of the full back and his ball retention and work rate are top notch. Been an unsung hero of the last few weeks imho.

As for Burnley though, good lord. At times they play some good football and did have us pressing at shadows, but when ya man can't hit a 5 yard pass in a straight line it's pointless. They'll go down quicker than a rock in a sink

UTFT

Comfortable.

Really liking Mykolenko and JB and the left hand side. So solid
Balance of the side is really good with them two there. McNeill in front can be a bit more free with his positioning. Combined with the fact that Jimmy Garner can cover right midfield/full back areas, also allows our right full back to play higher up the pitch and Harrison to drift inside more on to his left foot.

He got nothing from those players tonight.
They had one or two decent players, like the look of that Sanders Berge and a couple of the younger ones looked to have a bit about them.
That Cullen and the centre half's look out of there depth.
Don't know why that Brownhill doesn't get a game as he puts himself about at least.
He needs a goalscorer and a few prem experience players or it will be a long season for Burnley..
Needs to mix his tactics up as well, the prem is unforgiving place, the marking from corners was rubbish.
We beat them tonight without getting out of second gear, we have played a lot better in the last few weeks.
Thought they might do OK after last season as they looked a good attacking team .
Him Going on about the gulf in class between the prem and last season was a bit of a cop out, he looks nieve tactically.
I don't mind Burnley ,obviously want to finish above them so hope they don't get it together to soon.
Look like a team that has lost belief in what they are doing,
We have been there a few times the last few seasons its hard to get put of once it's got a grip.
Vincent Kompany was obviously more interested in the league game at the weekend than the game tonight, showed by the amount of changes he made before the game and using five subs to keep them match fit for the league gam.

Status
Not open for further replies.