Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't watch it earlier so only just seen that and the quality of his goals were better than I'd imagined after listening to radio commentary.

Naismith scores a hat-trick against Chelsea giving Lieutenant Colombo aka the Special One the ultimate piping down after him belittling the club all summer with his failed media-driven pursuit of Stones. If ever there was proof that throwing money at a problem isn't always the answer this was it.

Must be dreaming. It doesn't get much better. Been walking around punching the air with a clenched fist since the final whistle. You just have to enjoy days like this as they don't come around too often.

It's also turned an average start of the season into a good one so there is plenty to build on.

Thanks for making my day Blues.

Terrific football in the build up of all 3 goals. Confidence is building.

Finally down off cloud 9 so here it goes(takes deep breath)OH I NEVA FELT MORE LIKE SINGING THE BLUES WHEN EVERTON WIN AND LIVERPOOL LOSE OOOOOOOOHHHH EVERTON U GOT ME SINGING DA BLUES:)get in there some result.barkley and stones absloute masterclasses.after galloway getting roasted last week turned in a quality performance today.not naismiths biggest fan but fair play to the lad 3 cracking goals.heart went out to besic.poor lad cant catch a break but fook it happy as fook now.COYB NSNO.

I would walk 500 miles by the Proclaimers (Scottish)
Actually think it would make a great Naismith song - better than "One Stevie Naismith"

Just repeat the chorus again and again
with " Steven Naismith Steven Naismith"
der der der der der der der der de

It does get sang at aways mate.

Terrific football in the build up of all 3 goals. Confidence is building.

Yeah good seasons are often built on results like that early on. The corresponding fixture at roughly the same point last season seemed to spell the beginning of the downturn as confidence was affected. It could hopefully be the reverse process this season.

I'm more pleased that we are not leaking goals than anything, because as well as you are playing if they are going in at the back it always eats away at the confidence. Stop leaking them, stay solid, and we have enough talent to cause many problems for the opposition.

Was in work today and couldn't believe it when the missus txt to say 2-0 to Naisy. Signal went then and I literally had no way if knowing what the score was and then a txt came through to say Naisy had dry bummed Chelsea 3-1.

Just looking through all the player comments, sounds like everyone was superb. Can't wait to watch the match in about an hour. COYB!!

Yeah good seasons are often built on results like that early on. The corresponding fixture at roughly the same point last season seemed to spell the beginning of the downturn as confidence was affected. It could hopefully be the reverse process this season.

I'm more pleased that we are not leaking goals than anything, because as well as you are playing if they are going in at the back it always eats away at the confidence. Stop leaking them, stay solid, and we have enough talent to cause many problems for the opposition.

Two touches becomes one, passes going into the path of the runners instead of having to check their run, showing for it instead of shying out, it's all confidence and Eff-all to do with formations. This is where having a passing ethos starts to pay off and why sticking to your principals instead of taking the easy option was the right thing to do during the harder times.

In a weird way mate i think Howard's MOM performance against Spurs could have rebuilt the cb's confidence in him - at least for now, makes a massive difference when you think the bloke behind you will actually stop a shot or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back