Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so just went to the mall near my apartment to convert some cash for celebratory drinks tonight. naturally, wearing my Royal Blue.

on the way back, approaching me is an older Paraguayan gentlemen, sporting at least a very worn if not very old Chelsea sweatshirt.

at this point i have a huge grin on my face, couldn't help it.

he sees my kit, nods, and says "Amigo" as we pass.

funny moment. most the time i wear my Everton kits i get confused looks. even ha a dude in a Spurs kit crane his neck to make out the badge on the black uni from last year the week after we had just played them.

today it was recognized and respected.

I haven't enjoyed a match as much as today's for a long time. It was my eldest daughter's first match this season, for whatever reason three years ago she decided that Naismith was her favourite player and she has taught me a lesson, that your favourite player doesn't necessarily have to do with their footballing ability but with their desire and fight.
And so today was meant to be. Trooper was on in the Halton Castle and then we drove up to L4. After parking the first person we met was a programme seller and my eldest had to get it because "Dad, Naismith's on the cover." Seeing that she has 14 Naismith on her shirt, he told us that he was on the bench. She just shrugged her shoulders, and was made up when he came on for Besic. I can't remember roaring in the goals in like we did today for a long time, and the noise in the Upper Gwladys was fantastic.
So a very memorable match to say the least, and I have to thank publicly an Irish lad who donated his hat to my daughter, so made up was he with her shirt. It was just 3 points but it felt like much more. Up the Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back