Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be as solid as we can for that reason I would put Davies in with Allan and Doucoure. Holgate at right back sit deep and hope we can hit them on the break. Chelsea are a very good team though and we look disjointed so its a long shot.

Pickford

Holgate
Keane
Mina
Godfrey

Allan
Davies
Doucoure

James
DCL
Richarlison

Yes he isn’t a LB and it was Burnley and he was fine. Nkounkou has played once against a very poor Newcastle and was anything but fine. Playing well against Fleetwood doesn’t make him a better option against Pulisic.
One thing is for sure Nkounkou has to be on the bench. We have no other natural left back now he will have to play minutes in the next month.

Fatty Ashley (Williams) I believe fomented player agitation for providing the all-day full English breakfast option on the FF cafeteria menu. So, for the many on here who are pointing the finger at the squad's poor diet habits adversely impacting performance, Fatty Ashley sits fairly and squarely at ground zero. Of course Fatty Koeman did not help matters with all the fattening Dutch grub he insisted be served alongside the 'full English'.
Coincidence that both these blights on the club's history are nicknamed 'Fatty"?....I think not!!
I didn’t know both Koeman and Williams were nicknamed ‘fatty’. Never heard it mentioned much as a thing. Always assumed their nickname was ‘...... crap’.

We need to be as solid as we can for that reason I would put Davies in with Allan and Doucoure. Holgate at right back sit deep and hope we can hit them on the break. Chelsea are a very good team though and we look disjointed so its a long shot.

Pickford

Holgate
Keane
Mina
Godfrey

Allan
Davies
Doucoure

James
DCL
Richarlison
I'm going to say a backline of 4 CBs is a really bad idea.

I'd just go for it. That team but Nkounkou and Iwobi at fullback.

Pickford?

Holgate
Keane
Mina
Godfrey

Allan
Davies
Doucoure

James
DCL
Richarlison

I go the opposite way. Try to score 3.
The team selection will tell us all how this game is going to go, if it stays the same as the last few starts it won’t look good, if Carlo picks the formation that ended the Burnley game there is some hope, and I mean the formation not necessarily the same players. Hope for the best prepare for the worst, could be Carlo’s personal motto!!

As long as we don't get embarrassed that's how I'm thinking,last 5-6 weeks have been piss poor and can't see it changing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back