Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having suffered spending all afternoon at work in my south London workplace, my sole positive from that is that least we didnt win and Martinez tried to do that in the derby.

Where is Hibbert anyway?

I can't for the life of me see how Howard and Stones cocking up one goal for the penalty, Howard dropping the ball (maybe with a foul)for the second and Osman giving the ball away for the last is in any way shape or form Distin's fault.
Osman set the first goal up as well with a lovely through ball.

Roberto has got to rotate, and today looked like the game to do it in...the team on paper was capable of beating Palace, and some top players legs were saved for Swansea, which is important because it is important that we chase all possible trophies, and the C One Cup is a comp in which we should have a good chance. There is a reason some of our 'squad' players are in our squad and would not be anywhere near the City, Chelsea or Arsenal benches. Also , Martinez will always give players a chance...to my way of thinking this is a good thing, in fact, Moyes was criticised for NOT giving players a chance. When Moyes made wholesale changes, it was an inevitable disaster...Roberto has more faith in his quad players, but the squad still needs to be stronger. The Prem has two outstanding teams this year, and they played each other today in Manchester.The two remaining places in the top four could go to any two of six teams, including us. This is going to be one hell of a season.

Sorry, why did RM 'have to rotate' today? If ever a result showed up the absolute garbage that is rotation it was this one. We're 5 games into a season FFS. Is anyone tired? Did any of the 10 players who played at WBA and on Thursday complain of tiredness -- no way, they'd all be on a high just waiting for the next game to come along -- as RM said himself on Friday.

Look past the hard luck stories of our season so far. Add the less than convincing end to last season and our totally shambolic performances in preseason -- then I would suggest that rather than us competing for top 6 as you suggest, we'll do well to stay out the bottom 6.

Hindsight is a great thing, but as soon as I saw that starting team I was worried. Did we not learn anything from last season's game against them? Jags and Stones should have been centre backs, Hibbert at full back. Palaces strengths are from the wings yet we chose to play 4-3-3. To rest our best outfield players this season (Naismith and Miralles was madness). To finish the game with both our centre midfielders in defence (macca right back and Barry centrehalf)shows just had bad tactically Roberto got it wrong today.

Is Hibbo injured? If not and he's not 2nd choice RB, why give him a new contract?

You don't rotate the CB pair when they are starting to form a partnership.

Big test in the next 2 games, can only see a point at best the way we are playing

I know he scored again, but am I alone in detecting a hint of donkey-ness in Lukaku's general play?

I thought he played well mate. 3 or 4 times had a poor touch ( one in particular where he rifled it back like a bullet ) yet on another day scores when it was cleared off the line, the shot he clipped over he got in a good position, and a great turn and cross where the defender nearly scored an own goal. So.on a different day that's 3 goals and an assist. First goal was a beauty and a fantastic move. Is he worth 28m? I don't think anyone is tbh but I think he's doing o.k and about to hit a purple patch. On it and bang in form he can go to the pit and help himself to a goal or 3 and this place will be in meltdown about what a signing he is and how good he is. Give him time, he's going to win us a tin cup this year I'm certain

Lidz, ladz, look at me, I know what Roberto has done wrong. He should have bought a new keeper. I'm not knee-jerking. Honest.
Thought it was surprising to give Howard such a long contract at his age. His form this season (Wolfsburg apart) has been distinctly average. Maybe it is due to his efforts at the World Cup. It's funny out of our players who went to the World Cup only miralles is up to speed and playing his best football. There is no excuse for the rest of the team however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back