Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The line-up was strange though. Mirallas (in the form he's in) or Naismith would've bagged that chance that Osman had.

I'll always stick by that you shouldn't change a winning team (injuries as an exception).

As soon as we went 1 up we seemed to sit back, and go to 3 in midfield. Why pack the midfield against a team that plays on the counter?

For me, we just need to stop underestimating teams. Martinez should've learnt his lesson from Palace at Goodison last season. And surely he knows that Osman can't last more than 45 minutes.

He doesn't, He has a squad of players an he uses them

He only dropped Kev and Naismith mate, Are we saying an Everton team without those 2 can't beat Palace

Stones being dropped for Distin at CB was the major cock up

The most disheartening thing I took from today was that Martinez never learnt from last season's defeat to them. He was so naive going into the game, Bolasie once again terrored our defence and they implemented the exact same game plan and we had no response to it. Atsu & Osman got completely bullied today which is hardly surprising. Obviously we started the game well with the goal but we seemed to enter typical Everton comfort/relaxation mode and switched off and once the penalty went in I knew their was only one winner. Everything seemed to go to **** when Coleman didn't start. The formation we started with was all wrong and nobody seemed to understand their job in the team. After the game some of Martinez' comments were disappointing and he needs to learn from this game. Sometimes I wish he had a more aggressive personality like Simeone or Mourinho who are both charismatic characters. And does anyone else notice how nice we are on the pitch compared to other teams? That needs to change. Plus Jags isn't our captain any more, it's starting to become embarrassing now.

That!! ...and more. I thought RM was supposed to have a good footballing brain, he knows RS got beat, hopefully he had one eye on the afternoon games, but even so to not play our most forward thinking, forward playing players from the off is criminal. He then goes on to mention in his post match about not going for the second goal, well derr, they're behind you bobby, get em off the bench. Yeah people are saying we need to rotate, not the PL games for me, play for the points, swap it around on Tuesday. Theyve had two days rest from Thursday night, professional athletes n all that, we have only just started the campaign. Was a must win today, which means GO FORWARD. As for Howard, pen wasnt his fault, CB's werent talking n how comes Howard go to the thro ball first, cos our CB's are not performing.
Big mistake not securing a CB who can play RB when Coleman gets injured..we fall to pieces when he is as we have to play setup (Baines excluded, he was still getting forward and putting the boot in)

If only Atsu could control the ball in their box

We go again.

Our defence is all over the gaff

We conceded 6 against Chelsea ffs

It's not though. The shape of the team is not to blame. I've seen Arsenal have 2 shots on target and score 2 goals. Sloppy play and/or individual errors have seen us concede some poor goals/games.

The chelsea game was an anomaly, they caught us napping early doors, and we had to chase the game. Last thing you want to do against a Jose side.

He doesn't, He has a squad of players an he uses them

He only dropped Kev and Naismith mate, Are we saying an Everton team without those 2 can't beat Palace

Stones being dropped for Distin at CB was the major cock up
I agree with you mate we should have had enough - but why take the risk?

Or at least - why play a weird 4-3-3 with a 33 year old Eto'o stuck on the wing.

And yeh, Stones at CB solidifies our whole defence. But, who else did we have to play at right back apart from Stones?

It's not though. The shape of the team is not to blame. I've seen Arsenal have 2 shots on target and score 2 goals. Sloppy play and/or individual errors have seen us concede some poor goals/games.

The chelsea game was an anomaly, they caught us napping early doors, and we had to chase the game. Last thing you want to do against a Jose side.

Its individual errors. Martinez should be kicking ass tomorrow.

Telling them to switch on and man up.

Dont know why Stones didn't play CB either

Stupid thing to say.

There was no need to rest the amount of players that we did, and if Coleman hadn't been concussed he'd have played today.

That's my main issue tbh. Atsu and Eto'o couldn't get into the game, and when Atsu finally sharpened up, Martinez took him off. Just weird/naive tactics - or it seemed anyway.

That's my main issue tbh. Atsu and Eto'o couldn't get into the game, and when Atsu finally sharpened up, Martinez took him off. Just weird/naive tactics - or it seemed anyway.

I wouldn't have played Osman.

Naismith instead of him, works hard off the ball and would have given us much more of a presence in the middle than midget Leon did.

Its individual errors. Martinez should be kicking ass tomorrow.

Telling them to switch on and man up.

Dont know why Stones didn't play CB either

I wonder if there's enough communication going on. Players talking to each other on the pitch really needs to be encouraged, it's one of the first things you need to drum into kids.

Today, Stones and Howard got caught up in a mess, and Ossie had a few words with Baines after his balls-up for the third. I assume he was asking why he never got a "man on" shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back