Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Imagine we lose our next two games which is very possible as its Liverpool and Utd away, We would have 5 points from 7 games

We have the worst defence in the league, Something has to happen quickly

Do we really have the worst defence in the league though? Aren't those things best assessed at the end of the season?

This thread is giving me eye aids

Screenshot_2014-04-28-13-44-45_1.webp

To be fair, Imagine we lose our next two games which is very possible as its Liverpool and Utd away, We would have 5 points from 7 games

We have the worst defence in the league, Something has to happen quickly

I try and stay positive, but we are in a touch of trouble if we lose the next two league games - and they are very hard games too.

I wouldn't normally be so knee-jerk, but Martinez really dropped a bol***k today. Coleman's injury apart, it should have been the same team as Thursday.

Granted, we controlled the 1st half, but we failed to capitalise, and Martinez failed to calm the lads at half time.

Poor management, and the subs were just totally ridiculous.

Time for him (and the team) to step back up to the plate. We've taken a step forward and then two back again this week.

So then his starting 11 wasn't that bad, Its not his fault player fail to put away chances

Do we really have the worst defence in the league though? Aren't those things best assessed at the end of the season?

Well yes, We do, 13 goals in 5 games ffs, I mean there's no evidence at all that its going to improve, Wolfsburg could have scored a couple if we are honest

We all happy we played such a strong team in the Europa League. Told you it would backfire and bite us in the league
i would have played the same team from thrusday today,bar the injured players off course,and swapped players for swansea,just the same as playing wed/sat is europa and sunday,saying that it must mean naismith is playing tuesday, as didnt expect eto and lukaku to start today,just one of them,with the one not playing today starting tuesday.

So then his starting 11 wasn't that bad, Its not his fault player fail to put away chances

The line-up was strange though. Mirallas (in the form he's in) or Naismith would've bagged that chance that Osman had.

I'll always stick by that you shouldn't change a winning team (injuries as an exception).

As soon as we went 1 up we seemed to sit back, and go to 3 in midfield. Why pack the midfield against a team that plays on the counter?

For me, we just need to stop underestimating teams. Martinez should've learnt his lesson from Palace at Goodison last season. And surely he knows that Osman can't last more than 45 minutes.

The line-up was strange though. Mirallas (in the form he's in) or Naismith would've bagged that chance that Osman had.

I'll always stick by that you shouldn't change a winning team (injuries as an exception).

As soon as we went 1 up we seemed to sit back, and go to 3 in midfield. Why pack the midfield against a team that plays on the counter?

For me, we just need to stop underestimating teams. Martinez should've learnt his lesson from Palace at Goodison last season. And surely he knows that Osman can't last more than 45 minutes.

what happened?

ffs everton, that's an utterly terrible result fair play. why do we continually bottle it when a good chance arises to capitilize on our rivals' poor results? utd, spurs and RS all losing and we go an bottle it.

missed the game and it seems it was basically all howard's fault?

Well yes, We do, 13 goals in 5 games ffs, I mean there's no evidence at all that its going to improve, Wolfsburg could have scored a couple if we are honest

Bit like saying Liverpool were xmas day champs. Howard cost us today mate. We were 1-0 up, 2 Howard gaffes later we were 2-1 down. You know this as well as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back