Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant say wanting a new GK would be something people prioritized this summer. Howard just had the world cup of a goalkeepers career. Literally thats one area i was confident wouldnt be total tosh. Honeslty tho, how many saves has he made in the Premier League? I cannot really recall almost any.

Really? Is this a joke?

I cant say wanting a new GK would be something people prioritized this summer. Howard just had the world cup of a goalkeepers career. Literally thats one area i was confident wouldnt be total tosh. Honeslty tho, how many saves has he made in the Premier League? I cannot really recall almost any.

Silly post, Howard is a very good GK. He is experienced and confident - you need that more than ever at the moment. It's Distin and Jagielka I'd be worried about. They are past it and not good enough for a team that is looking to break into the CL. It's the same dilemma we've got with Evans and Smalling. I don't think you can be relying on Stones either, he's still young and inexperienced.

Roberto has got to rotate, and today looked like the game to do it in...the team on paper was capable of beating Palace, and some top players legs were saved for Swansea, which is important because it is important that we chase all possible trophies, and the C One Cup is a comp in which we should have a good chance. There is a reason some of our 'squad' players are in our squad and would not be anywhere near the City, Chelsea or Arsenal benches. Also , Martinez will always give players a chance...to my way of thinking this is a good thing, in fact, Moyes was criticised for NOT giving players a chance. When Moyes made wholesale changes, it was an inevitable disaster...Roberto has more faith in his quad players, but the squad still needs to be stronger. The Prem has two outstanding teams this year, and they played each other today in Manchester.The two remaining places in the top four could go to any two of six teams, including us. This is going to be one hell of a season.

Silly post, Howard is a very good GK. He is experienced and confident - you need that more than ever at the moment. It's Distin and Jagielka I'd be worried about. They are past it and not good enough for a team that is looking to break into the CL. It's the same dilemma we've got with Evans and Smalling. I don't think you can be relying on Stones either, he's still young and inexperienced.

He's better than ANY of United's defenders is Stones.

You were doing so well until the final sentence.

Apart from the Wolfsburg game where he saved everything he's let virtually every shot go past him

Does anybody know the answer to this : Before Palace (in 2014) when was the last time (and who was the team), that in one calendar year beat us twice in the League at Goodison?

Everton was desperately desperate today -
playing players out of position and sacrificing structure -
Osman reached his sell by date last year -
our midfield not strong enough to play with back 3 -
If this is what Europe is going to do to our weekend form we are in for a long hard season -
Martinez used wrong game plan and made poor substitutions -
Howard appears to be flirting with match fixing blunders this season

Roberto has got to rotate, and today looked like the game to do it in...the team on paper was capable of beating Palace, and some top players legs were saved for Swansea, which is important because it is important that we chase all possible trophies, and the C One Cup is a comp in which we should have a good chance. There is a reason some of our 'squad' players are in our squad and would not be anywhere near the City, Chelsea or Arsenal benches. Also , Martinez will always give players a chance...to my way of thinking this is a good thing, in fact, Moyes was criticised for NOT giving players a chance. When Moyes made wholesale changes, it was an inevitable disaster...Roberto has more faith in his quad players, but the squad still needs to be stronger. The Prem has two outstanding teams this year, and they played each other today in Manchester.The two remaining places in the top four could go to any two of six teams, including us. This is going to be one hell of a season.

I love your optimism mate.

I'm normally the same but I'm finding it really difficult at the moment given our next two league games are very tough. Really felt today was a must win, and Everton just depress me the way we can never capitalise when our rivals lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back