Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was uncharacteristic for us to concede three goals from just three shots on target.”

What?!? Has this not been standing on the touchline for out matches this season?! Every game we've conceded has been like this!

I'd still definitely start Naismith behind Eto'o, Mirallas McGeady wings and bring Lukaku on between half time and 60 minutes

I am so so so angry about that.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR

Completely replace the midfield just as they were starting to gel. Leave Osman on more than 60 minutes - he CANNOT last longer than an hour.

Atsu was good in spells but wasteful. In contrast they had 2 shots and a penalty and had 3 goals. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN APRIL.

Make no mistake I cannot see us getting points against Pool or United even in their current state with our defending. We will get torn apart and then we'll have 5 points by mid-October and we'll be lucky to get mid-table.

argh I'm upset. Hold me.

Bloody hell, I think I might save this post for bedtime and settle down to read it with a cup of tea.

I wouldn't bother mate its knee jerking at its best. To summise Jags and Distin are cr@p, Stones is God, Lukaku isnt worth 28 pence let alone 28m. Martinez should have spent the money on a GK and Centre back and we should have had Etoo as our only striker until the mystical Kone, who has been seen at Goodison about as much as a unicorn has, should grace us with his presence.

Please tell me he didn't really say that?!

yep it's on the OS website.

You don't go splitting up successful partnerships. Jags and Distin haven't worked since the start of the season, Jags and Stones have worked over 2 games leave it at that. Even if it meant Hibbo or Browning playing right back.

yep it's on the OS website.

You don't go splitting up successful partnerships. Jags and Distin haven't worked since the start of the season, Jags and Stones have worked over 2 games leave it at that. Even if it meant Hibbo or Browning playing right back.

Yup.

I wasn't sure at first but too many changes today.

I wouldn't bother mate its knee jerking at its best. To summise Jags and Distin are cr@p, Stones is God, Lukaku isnt worth 28 pence let alone 28m. Martinez should have spent the money on a GK and Centre back and we should have had Etoo as our only striker until the mystical Kone, who has been seen at Goodison about as much as a unicorn has, should grace us with his presence.
Cheers for the heads up mate.

The knee jerkers multiply by a factor of ten on here after a poor result and then vanish again in the interim.

Makes finding a decent post a bit of a chore at times.

I am so so so angry about that.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR

Completely replace the midfield just as they were starting to gel. Leave Osman on more than 60 minutes - he CANNOT last longer than an hour.

Atsu was good in spells but wasteful. In contrast they had 2 shots and a penalty and had 3 goals. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN APRIL.

Make no mistake I cannot see us getting points against Pool or United even in their current state with our defending. We will get torn apart and then we'll have 5 points by mid-October and we'll be lucky to get mid-table.

argh I'm upset. Hold me.
Wasn't very good was it? Oh well, next game on Tuesday and a chance to make amends. Football's mad again this season. Wolfsburg beat Leverkusen 4-1 today, West Brom beat Spurs away, Leicester beating United the way they did.

Lukaku is not the issue. He is scoring well and playing better.

The problem is that Martinez makes noises about consistency on the pitch and then completely replaces the midfield for this game. As soon as I saw the team sheet I worried. I would have had at least McGeady on the right and subbed on Osman or Atsu.

We need a defender who can partner Stones and play out the back. I think Stones and Distin can manage it but Jagielka still looks mentally unstable - he has been since Suarezy bulldozered him at the world cup. My one silver lining is that he won't be at the derby or it would be a massacre. I bloody hope Coleman is back for it. That right flank is our obvious weakness. I love Run JMC but he is not a RB!!!!

"It was uncharacteristic for us to concede three goals from just three shots on target.”

What?!? Has this not been standing on the touchline for out matches this season?! Every game we've conceded has been like this!
Just as well nobody has had six shots on target against us like say Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back