Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame all you jinxing [Poor language removed] with your pre-match bravado, you tweaked the noses of the footballing gods, fingered the vag-Jaysus outta Lady Luck and made this result inevitable, I hope you all learned a big lesson here.

I blame all you jinxing [Poor language removed] with your pre-match bravado, you tweaked the noses of the footballing gods, fingered the vag-Jaysus outta Lady Luck and made this result inevitable, I hope you all learned a big lesson here.

We'll thump der Liverpoolen good styleEee.

Interesting that RM evidently thinks McCarthy is a better RB than Stones. A waste of a substitution that. [Poor language removed] knows what Besic is thinking when he sees that sort of thing happening, and his being left on the bench again.

I don't think Osman played badly at all. Ok he lost the ball in midfield for their third, but since when should making a mistake 40 yards out result in us conceding a goal? We're just not organised properly defensively at the moment. The result is that the opposition look dangerous EVERY time they're on the ball in the last third, whether they've worked it there themselves or, as with Osman's mistake, been gifted it.

Our performances and our scorelines are indeed looking very Wiganesque this season. Worrying.

True.

Evidence is there to see when all 4 of them end up throwing in last ditch blocks and tackles on almost every single attack.

The most disheartening thing I took from today was that Martinez never learnt from last season's defeat to them. He was so naive going into the game, Bolasie once again terrored our defence and they implemented the exact same game plan and we had no response to it. Atsu & Osman got completely bullied today which is hardly surprising. Obviously we started the game well with the goal but we seemed to enter typical Everton comfort/relaxation mode and switched off and once the penalty went in I knew their was only one winner. Everything seemed to go to **** when Coleman didn't start. The formation we started with was all wrong and nobody seemed to understand their job in the team. After the game some of Martinez' comments were disappointing and he needs to learn from this game. Sometimes I wish he had a more aggressive personality like Simeone or Mourinho who are both charismatic characters. And does anyone else notice how nice we are on the pitch compared to other teams? That needs to change. Plus Jags isn't our captain any more, it's starting to become embarrassing now.

Summed up...

81% possession during first half.

Should have killed game when Ossie through to make 2-0.

Bored ourselves at the back with endless passes and forgot to go forward.

Hit by 3 sucker punches. Day ruined!

what the hell is vag-jaysus? LOL

I forgot to mention something in my post. Martinez takes Stones off for Mirallas and puts McCarthy at RB. Our CDM's were at that time Barry and Osman. We got completely overrun in the period until Gibson came on. NO LEGS.

Cheers for the heads up mate.

The knee jerkers multiply by a factor of ten on here after a poor result and then vanish again in the interim.

Makes finding a decent post a bit of a chore at times.

mental isn't it. Crap performance and all that and frustrating not too learn from the mistakes of the game last season but crazy to talk about getting a new keeper and stating we should not buy our forward who has scored the last two games. Lets just smash the Swans and the RS and the balance will be restored. (here's where we lose our next two games and the knee jerkers will be expecting public executions on the pitch at half-time at Goodsion)

Since our record breaking run last season, we have a W3 L5 D2 record. That is pretty shocking. And the team to end our record run of wins?...Crystal effing Palace.

mental isn't it. Crap performance and all that and frustrating not too learn from the mistakes of the game last season but crazy to talk about getting a new keeper and stating we should not buy our forward who has scored the last two games. Lets just smash the Swans and the RS and the balance will be restored. (here's where we lose our next two games and the knee jerkers will be expecting public executions on the pitch at half-time at Goodsion)

To be fair, Imagine we lose our next two games which is very possible as its Liverpool and Utd away, We would have 5 points from 7 games

We have the worst defence in the league, Something has to happen quickly

To be fair, Imagine we lose our next two games which is very possible as its Liverpool and Utd away, We would have 5 points from 7 games

We have the worst defence in the league, Something has to happen quickly

I wouldn't normally be so knee-jerk, but Martinez really dropped a bol***k today. Coleman's injury apart, it should have been the same team as Thursday.

Granted, we controlled the 1st half, but we failed to capitalise, and Martinez failed to calm the lads at half time.

Poor management, and the subs were just totally ridiculous.

Time for him (and the team) to step back up to the plate. We've taken a step forward and then two back again this week.

The massive problem is Martinez has this reputation for having teams with awful defences, It makes the knee jerking worse IMO because people are unsure if he can turn it around at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back