Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m kind of the opposite. I don’t want to think about the next two games, but don’t think the prospect of starting next season in the Champo is the end of the world, much as I’d prefer not to!!!

One way or another a change is coming and I sincerely hope we’re all speaking in much more glowing tones this time next year.

In the meantime I’ll take whatever turgid crap or lucky breaks we can get in order to scrape by and just have this season over with.

the champo. christ and yes it is

What I’m most excited about, wherever we end up, is that Lampard seems very willing to drop the players he doesn’t think fancy it or are good enough. We simply haven’t had that in recent years.

Whether we can recruit well is another matter, but for all the shouts of “fresh start” over these last few years I actually believe this could be it.

it’s only good if we stay up

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Holgate
Myko

Allan
Doucs
Iwobi

Gray
Richi
Gordon.

Is what it will be. Personally I’d probably give Dele a start but it clearly isn’t happening. I just hope he goes 4-3-3
Think DCL will start again and Gordon will be dropped.

Going 433 is imperative but think he will stick with this wing back system which worries me.

Spurs could only put one last Burnley today ( a pen) with Burnley’s two best defenders being out. They are both back for the next game.
We won’t catch Burnley on goal difference so we need the win Thursday.

the champo. christ and yes it is
I’ve posted about a million times tonight so I make no apologies for my dodgy abbreviations.

And it really, truly isn’t mate. Obviously I dread it happening and will be gutted if it does, but when the dust settles very little will change about the football-supporting element of our lives. We’ll still support the team and we’ll still cryarse in here every week.

@Zatara ’s lists of prospective signings will have to change a bit but otherwise it’s business as usual. Might even win a few more games.

Spurs could only put one last Burnley today ( a pen) with Burnley’s two best defenders being out. They are both back for the next game.
We won’t catch Burnley on goal difference so we need the win Thursday.

Thought spurs looked nervous. They should have buried them though tbh. Pope pulled off some top saves. But i can see them winning one of their two games.

I feel a comfortable win coming. 3-1 to Everton and three points in the bag. Safety at last and a special thank you to the fat man for his efforts in securing 19 points earlier in this most enjoyable season. Without those 19 points where would we be….legend ;)

Villa away will be tough for Burnley as Villa will want to do well as it's their last home game of the season, so not sure if they get anything better than a draw on thurs

I’ve posted about a million times tonight so I make no apologies for my dodgy abbreviations.

And it really, truly isn’t mate. Obviously I dread it happening and will be gutted if it does, but when the dust settles very little will change about the football-supporting element of our lives. We’ll still support the team and we’ll still cryarse in here every week.

@Zatara ’s lists of prospective signings will have to change a bit but otherwise it’s business as usual. Might even win a few more games.

it is the end if we go down of this club

I think we'll beat Palace, I didn't really fancy us today, because I knew Erickson's quality would be very difficult for our limited midfield to deal with and the quality of his final pass into our area was always going to cause us trouble. I think Palace are a different kettle of fish and if we get about them quickly early on I think they'll struggle. Then there is the old saying, you don't lose three times in a season to the same team. Mind you, 'Everton aren't we' and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back