Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

In addition to going to a gig tonight to take my mind off it, I've got to be up at 5 for a work trip.

That'll be interesting if we win.

And so it comes down to this.
Been a terrible season. Everyone knows what went wrong so no point rehashing it.

For me, the biggest positive take away from the season has been the fans.
We've finally managed to kick that stupid 'thats Kopite behavior' moniker. Our fans have woken up, found our voice and realized that we have a huge part to play in the future of our club.

For years i've hated that "he just gets us" nonsense. Like Everton is any different to any other football club.
I was sure that every leeds, Newcastle, man united fan etc. was saying the same thing.
Yea, I love my club, but all fans love their clubs, we're no different and it's a bit arrogant to think we are.

All that started to change over the last few months. When everyone else has let the club down, the fans have stepped in to try to drag this team to safety.
Gradually I began to realize that we are different. That almost 30 years of failure on the pitch has only grown our resolve. In spite of our board, our terrible managers and useless players, we're still there, and now we're getting louder and louder.

I've no idea what'll happen tonight or on Sunday but our fans have showed again and again why I love this club.
There is something special about Everton and it's Evertonians.
COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back