Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the coach come down goodison Road?
B60BADD0-11C7-4929-AB43-FFF2F46C6E8E.webp

Be sure to have your flares.

And so it comes down to this.
Been a terrible season. Everyone knows what went wrong so no point rehashing it.

For me, the biggest positive take away from the season has been the fans.
We've finally managed to kick that stupid 'thats Kopite behavior' moniker. Our fans have woken up, found our voice and realized that we have a huge part to play in the future of our club.

For years i've hated that "he just gets us" nonsense. Like Everton is any different to any other football club.
I was sure that every leeds, Newcastle, man united fan etc. was saying the same thing.
Yea, I love my club, but all fans love their clubs, we're no different and it's a bit arrogant to think we are.

All that started to change over the last few months. When everyone else has let the club down, the fans have stepped in to try to drag this team to safety.
Gradually I began to realize that we are different. That almost 30 years of failure on the pitch has only grown our resolve. In spite of our board, our terrible managers and useless players, we're still there, and now we're getting louder and louder.

I've no idea what'll happen tonight or on Sunday but our fans have showed again and again why I love this club.
There is something special about Everton and it's Evertonians.
COYB.
I think Everton are in a pretty unique position whereby they were one of the country's elite and and have won so many trophies that our fall is all the more spectacular for it. We share a city with a team that have continued to win, even if not the league for some time, then still in Europe and the domestic cups. They now have the league to brag about as well. Who else has fallen while their city rivals have continued success and are one of the biggest names in world football? Man City have recently joined the top table but they were never an established member. Spurs have won bugger all compared to Everton in terms of the league and have still had regular European football to enjoy most seasons. We've gone from a chance to be Europe's best team, which was denied us by our city rivals, to making up the numbers in the Premier league. This is why we are so desperate to see any glimmer of a sign that we might one day at least compete at the top level again. Moshiri we hoped was that pivotal owner who could do that but sadly not. Evertonians suffer because you can't really miss something when you never had it. We did, we were one of the very best teams in Europe and and we should still be if not for circumstances out of our control (Heysel) and appalling ownership. We can still show the footballing world that our fanbase is second to none and I hope the f'ing proverbial roof comes off tonight when we beat Palace. COYFB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back