Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect Olise and Guehi to go. Eze and Doucoure to stay for at least another season. That is the reality that any new manager faces. The difference last season (even without an injured Zaha) and on the very odd occasion this season when Eze & Olise play together is astounding. Entertaining and effective. I worry now that Olise will always be partly a crock due to his horrible hamstring tear so his loss may not be all that great to us, especially if Franca develops.
Your scouting team have unearthed some right gems over the past few years.

Your scouting team have unearthed some right gems over the past few years.
Yes, a few howlers as well but not at a great cost. Dougie Freedman leads player recruitment and it is fairly well joined up with the rest of the club, there is a clear strategy of buying excellent prospects, developing them, selling them on for big fees and replacing them like for like. Doesn’t always work of course but it is a good strategy for a club like ours given where we are.

Looks like Palace are pushing for that manager, timing could be good for us though, Woy still taking the press conference at 1.30 - hopefully he still takes the team Monday night and they all down tools, and we win 3/4-0

I have a feeling that this was the fella we had lined up for the summer. We certainly had talks with him last summer. It would seem now that Roy is on the way out as soon as we can get someone in. Even if it gets done I can't see how this fella can do anything other than be in the stands watching on Monday night.
To paraphrase Bob Marley, Monday night will probably end up as "No Hodgson, No bounce".