Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The atmosphere last night was absolutely awful, worst one for a long time,
I know we rely on the team to get us going but that was bad,
It's like we've resigned ourselves to the situation we're in and can't do nothing about it. Sad

The Pickford punts are ridiculous at this stage. I can see the logic when we have two up top. But less face it DCL is on a hiding to nothing if he flicks it on virtually no hope of getting on the ball.

We are built for set pieces. If we win a free from any position it's guaranteed to be punted. Hard to watch

But it is what it is.

Another flat and turgid home display, no energy or purpose for 70 minutes until they scored. The players look like strangers who had just got back from an all you can eat buffet. The Goodison atmosphere has been killed in part by the appeal decision and in part by the lack of any recognised patterns of football let down by an easy to execute but wayward pass every time we have possession. Dyche set up to be tight and not go and try for a win from the first minute against a team missing the only 3 quality players in their whole squad and has to take some blame for turning Goodison into the toxic mess it normally is when all the crowd sees is cowardice.

Godfrey and Tarkowski can hold their heads up.
£50 for that “entertainment”

It's like we've resigned ourselves to the situation we're in and can't do nothing about it. Sad
See below mate.
Another flat and turgid home display, no energy or purpose for 70 minutes until they scored. The players look like strangers who had just got back from an all you can eat buffet. The Goodison atmosphere has been killed in part by the appeal decision and in part by the lack of any recognised patterns of football let down by an easy to execute but wayward pass every time we have possession. Dyche set up to be tight and not go and try for a win from the first minute against a team missing the only 3 quality players in their whole squad and has to take some blame for turning Goodison into the toxic mess it normally is when all the crowd sees is cowardice.

Godfrey and Tarkowski can hold their heads up.
£50 for that “entertainment”
Spot on mate, the fans well has run dry with everything that’s happening off the pitch, I know I’m beaten to deat by it all - if there’s zero happening on the pitch to excite us then we ain’t gonna get going at the moment.

We don’t ask for much either ffs.

Cowardice from the manager and players last night, cba with an Everton side that sets up and plays like that.

If we were sitting on 29 points going into that game, we would have won easy. The points deduction has knocked any confidence out of the fans and the players. Dyche also played it too safe with that line up. We need some/all points back and know where we stand.
At least Until the second breach is dealt with - it’s an absolute clusterfuch from the PL, and of course from the custodians who got us into this mess.

I've been looking at our run in, and with home matches against West Ham, Burnley, Forest, Brentford and Sheffield United, not to mention an away at Luton it doesn't look that hard, but after today I'm not so sure. We were terrible against poor opposition.

It was bad. The fans can’t expect the team to get them motivated as they’re just not good enough. We’re struggling to stay up and the team needs as much encouragement from the support as possible.