Match Thread Everton v Dynamo Kyiv Friday 29 July 7.45pm KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two friendlies in the US and we are certs for the drop. Two in the UK and the garden has sprung roses.?
Have a look in the Thelwell thread and you'll see that optimism is flowing at the moment. While I'm content with how things are going, it's still early days.

It was nice to have a relatively comfortable victory last night, yet the real acid test is Saturday onwards with regards to signings, style of play and results.

There's times like the Palace game last season when you can get away with pitch invasions. When emotions run so high that people go OTT and lose it in the moment. You can get away with it everyone once in a while. It's understandable and part and parcel of the game.

With that being said, last nights episode was an absolute embarrassment. Make no mistake though, it didn't happen because of the scenes against Palace last season. That's a lazy excuse for the horrendous parenting that was on display. This is the inevitable follow-up to the cringeworthy "can I have your shirt" signs that kids used to bring. These idiots are teaching their kids to be entitled little brats that will demand stuff if asking doesn't work. Somebof these parents need looking into because I wouldn't trust them to raise a budgie never mind an impressionable child.

The style of play is more down to the coaching team and the level of opposition I think.
The squad as it stands is not really any stronger. - hopefully this situation changes quickly.
Patterson and DCL hardly played through injury last season. Dele, also for different reasons.

We have since added Tarkowski, McNeill and Vinagre who all look useful.

That is six useful players who were not available to us (mostly) last season. We are clearly after mor additions. Personally, I’m more optimistic.

We do misery very well. But when we are happy we do that very well.

Ying Yang n'all that

Off topic (a bit) but I’d like to thank those 2 lads in the lower gwladys last night (gt2 row LL-ish) for almost coming to blows within 60 seconds of the game kicking off. Made me glad to be back! UTFT!
I'm looking forward to Saturday with the chance to smell weed for large swathes of the game, enjoy the smoke filled bogs and stewards told to "k'off", repeatedly.

NOT mentioned by any broadcasters. Do we have a PR dept this was an ideal opportunity to let the UK of the great example made by" plucky" Everton and even force the echo that we exist despite the best efforts of the SPANISH WAITER
SHUGGY 80

Patterson and DCL hardly played through injury last season. Dele, also for different reasons.

We have since added Tarkowski, McNeill and Vinagre who all look useful.

That is six useful players who were not available to us (mostly) last season. We are clearly after mor additions. Personally, I’m more optimistic.
Let’s hope you’re right. I’m generally a glass half full type but… those injuries we had last season are going to happen this season. If it’s not DCL it’ll be someone else etc etc. Mina will almost certainly only play half the games, that’s almost a given.
However like for like squad wise we are slightly better defensively due to bringing in Tarkowski but, not as good going forward with Richy gone.
The other thing that’s concerning me is we relied on Delph towards the end of the season and as much as It was right to let him go, he still needs to be replaced by a better version that stays fit.

Have a look in the Thelwell thread and you'll see that optimism is flowing at the moment. While I'm content with how things are going, it's still early days.

It was nice to have a relatively comfortable victory last night, yet the real acid test is Saturday onwards with regards to signings, style of play and results.
Very early days. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to wait until sometime approaching xmas before judging whether a summer transfer window has been a success or not.

Will get battered by Chelsea, but at least we look like we can actually score against the kinder run of games following that

Optimism meter is set fully to comfortable 16th in the league and knocked out by Hereford on penalties in the third round

Status
Not open for further replies.