Match Thread Everton v Dynamo Kyiv Friday 29 July 7.45pm KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope you’re right. I’m generally a glass half full type but… those injuries we had last season are going to happen this season. If it’s not DCL it’ll be someone else etc etc. Mina will almost certainly only play half the games, that’s almost a given.
However like for like squad wise we are slightly better defensively due to bringing in Tarkowski but, not as good going forward with Richy gone.
The other thing that’s concerning me is we relied on Delph towards the end of the season and as much as It was right to let him go, he still needs to be replaced by a better version that stays fit.
We will of course get injuries, but I’d be astonished if it was at the level of last season.

DCL , Maxwell and a rejuvenated Dele I think will make up for the loss of Richarlison (I hope).

At the back, Tarkowski is a big improvement and Patterson is effectively a new player.

Vinagres arrival means Godfrey can focus on being a CB rather than LB cover.

It seems as though there will be more arrivals in midfield too.

We will of course get injuries, but I’d be astonished if it was at the level of last season.

DCL , Maxwell and a rejuvenated Dele I think will make up for the loss of Richarlison (I hope).

At the back, Tarkowski is a big improvement and Patterson is effectively a new player.

Vinagres arrival means Godfrey can focus on being a CB rather than LB cover.

It seems as though there will be more arrivals in midfield too.
We have some already in the form of Mina, Davies, and Allan and the season has not even started yet. I do wonder about some of our fitness/conditioning work at times.

I'm not one to go over the top but I think we might win the league you know.
giphy.gif

Looks like we are settling in for a 3-4-3 for this season then.

I am now stupidly optimistic for what lies ahead. UTFT

We have some already in the form of Mina, Davies, and Allan and the season has not even started yet. I do wonder about some of our fitness/conditioning work at times.
We do have some perma crocks, I agree. But as long as the numbers are reducing season on season, then we will get better.

I think they are being extra careful with Mina. Allan did actually play and Davies is coming back from a difficult injury so kid gloves etc.

Moving Gbamin and Gomes on would be a great benefit though. They symbolise everything wrong about the last five years.

Add to that, rows of skunked out Ketwigs, who for some reason seem to go to the match to have a kip.

Different generation.

My Al fellas mates we went the match with would miss the first 10 mins drinking downstairs then go back down on 35 mins to beat the queue at the bar. Second half they'd leave on 80 mins to beat the traffic.

Still, they've never missed a home game in 30 years apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.