Everton v Espanyol

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's just a ludicrous thing to say though, I mean, it's a pre-season friendly with more or less the same squad. Change doesn't happen overnight. Anyway, I think he's trying to be the new Davek by the looks of it.
No, mate, I am not trying to be anybody other than myself. Sorry to disappoint you. You're right in that this is a pre-season friendly, so well done for that. On the other hand, it's the last chance for our players to be putting in a shift and perhaps ensuring its their name in the starting XI next Saturday and not one of the players currently sat on the bench. We've had plenty of time now, yet the performance - as it was against United and over in Germany too - is once again horrible. Now I don't want any name calling or insults, I am just of the opinion that it's been an awful summer and we're in no way prepared and ready to go into the new season with a spring in our step. You continue believing we'll spend 100m net, I'll continue to believe we'll lose Stones and end up spending less than 10m net. If you're right, at the end of the transfer window, I'd like you to quote this post, and I will very, very happily apologise for the negative attitude and immediately change my mentality - as the actions by the club in putting their hands in their pocket will call for it and it'll be all good. Nothing wrong with that now, is there?

The one noticeable difference I've seen during pre season is the corners, we can actually take a decent corner and our deliveries into the box are miles better

Status
Not open for further replies.