Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of that's guaranteed.

We are 7 points off relegation. That's what we do know.
Neither is going out of the cup and getting relegated.

7 points off relegation? Its took Burnley and Sheff Utd 17 games to get 8 points.

We are one of the biggest clubs in English football, why? Because of what weve won in our history.

All of our players manager and lots of fans have never experienced proper success, im sure they are all hungry for it.

Neither is going out of the cup and getting relegated.

7 points off relegation? Its took Burnley and Sheff Utd 17 games to get 8 points.

We are one of the biggest clubs in English football, why? Because of what weve won in our history.

All of our players manager and lots of fans have never experienced proper success, im sure they are all hungry for it.
I get the need for a cup win. Especially that one as it's not been won by us before.

However, THE target this season is survival. That's what we need to clear the decks for.

The Christmas period will stretch this squad. To then have another glut of fixtures in the new year might derail us.

Let's be sensible about this.

I wouldn't care less if we're knocked out on Tuesday tbh. It'll be 2/3 bullets dodged in January/February IMO.

I get the need for a cup win. Especially that one as it's not been won by us before.

However, THE target this season is survival. That's what we need to clear the decks for.

The Christmas period will stretch this squad. To then have another glut of fixtures in the new year might derail us.

I wouldn't care less if we're knocked out on Tuesday tbh. It'll be 2/3 bullets dodged in January/February IMO.
This could only be seen as somewhat 'sensible' if we were in the bottom 3 and playing like relegation fodder. We are neither and even genuinely competing for the cup would be good
4 wins on the bounce with 4 clean sheets
We have the form to go for it

Dave even with a dip in form which we all know will happen, we will be well clear of the rest by February and thats with not getting any points back from the appeal.

Imagine winning it and being comfortably safe this season, it might just might make the likes of say Onana Branthwaite think about moving on to somewhere bigger and better.

None of that's guaranteed.

We are 7 points off relegation. That's what we do know.
If you think any of them teams will get 8 more points than us between now and the end of the season you've lost it fella👍

Absolute loser if u get to a quarter final of a cup at HOME against FULHAM and don't try to fully go for it cos ur scared of Luton Town, Burnley and Sheff Utd

I'm trying to keep my eye on the ball.

If others are prepared to lose sight of it then that's on them.
Momentum is huge thats how Newcastle achieved what they did last season

Lets keep it going, do we want to go into the Spurs game on the back of a defeat?
Players feeling a little bit nervous.

Would back Dyche to do Liverpool at Wembley, too. Just need to avoid them in the semis if we get there.

You would imagine Newcastle, RS & Boro will be the 3 teams in the semi's.

You just know the tv companies would fix the semi draws to have two grudge type derby games in Everton vs Liverpool & Newcastle vs Boro. Would give them the likely final they would want in RS vs Newcastle (two great fanbases, big clubs yadda yadda yadda).

Hopefully either Chelsea get past the Geordies or Wee Davey pulls off the unthinkable at the pit to change the script.

I'm trying to keep my eye on the ball.

If others are prepared to lose sight of it then that's on them.
Have to agree with you on this, we don't have the squad to fight on multiple fronts at the moment despite what a cup run would do and because of the points deduction and the fact we are getting a few injuries the league has to be the priority.

You would imagine Newcastle, RS & Boro will be the 3 teams in the semi's.

You just know the tv companies would fix the semi draws to have two grudge type derby games in Everton vs Liverpool & Newcastle vs Boro. Would give them the likely final they would want in RS vs Newcastle (two great fanbases, big clubs yadda yadda yadda).

Hopefully either Chelsea get past the Geordies or Wee Davey pulls off the unthinkable at the pit to change the script.
Chelsea will do Newcastle IMO, Newcastle have too many injuries to fully go for it against them

Status
Not open for further replies.