Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still woke up annoyed. I wish we had given it more of a go during the game. Too many long balls and giving the possession back to Fulham too easily. Fulham early on, controlled the ball better early on, quietened us down and you could hear a few groans. Still Onana's penalty was absolutely shocking.

Neither would I but it has no prestige

Remember the intertoto cup winners? Nah neither do I
Behave yourself. I would have given the PL another 10 points for winning a European competition and away days. No prestige. How long has it been running? UEFA will keep this one running. Fills their coffers with even more $$$

The intertoto cup winners was more of a chance for lower teams to enter the UEFA cup so was hardly a competition. It started and finished before the season started. Ironically didn't West Ham win that as well?!?

We haven't won anything since 1995. 30 years . We haven't fallen. We took the stairs. We have been down there a long time. And yes. Quater final and losing on a peno shootout will be remembered for years. That's just the way the game is unfortunately.
If it was a final i could see the remember it for years, not a quarter finale in the efl cup though, well not for me anyways

Woken up and the first thing on my mind is the huge feeling of disappointment and annoyance at Onana's unprofessional nonchalance as he took such a vital penalty.

Not saying we'd have gone on to win the cup, but I wish we'd have taken the big chance to get to a first semi final in years.

Bah humbug ☹️

Look, this might get a lot of haha reactions but listen. I think we should be behind the players. I, myself am really frustrated but I think we need to look at things clearly
So, Michael Keane was inconsistent again, no surprises. Would have handed Godfrey a start instead
Then we have Onana and his crap penalty. So, I don't know if it was the right choice to select Onana for the 5th pen. He has shown us in previous games that he is not good at shooting. But, we can't just go out and attack him in that manner. He has been excellent for us on lot's of ocassions... Also, he really loooked sad in the end of the game, unlike Gana...
Alright, Gana did have a crap game, he was really bad. Also, him giggling at the end of the game, really made me angry. But what can I say? It seems more important to him to chew gum during the game.

Branthwaite and Tarky were really good btw

So, in the end of the day, we can't be against our players after a bad game... I understand that this was our only chance to win something this year but the players have done a lot this season. As hard as it seems, let's forget this and go on to the next one!
‘ He’s Ben excellent for us on lot’s of occasions’ Are you having a laugh, lots of occasions? You can count them on one hand and have at least one finger left, he was poor tonight and the penalty put the top hat on it.

Agree kind sir.

Sadly the club is happy with the odd quarter final ere and there as are many fans.

Onana deserves docking a weeks pay packet and dropping to the bench. Wouldn't have been allowed to happen under greats like Sir Alex, Mourinho and Moyes.
Come on. It was one bad penalty. Those things happen.

And yes, we were poor, but so was Fulham. They created absolutely no chances besides that own goal. If we just drop Keane and move Branthwaite back to CB We’ll be just fine.

That'll annoy me for a while.
It still is for me right now, dont think ive felt this angry after a game for a very long time, and we all know there is many we could be angry after - I still will never get certain people wanting us to be out, not just this round, but from the 1st round we played. plus wanting us to go out the FA Cup Cup v Palace - very strange people

It's both annoying and disappointing, but as long as we don't let it affect us going forward in the league - the Man Utd game didn't, so hopefully we can pick up from this. I would like us to get a good result at Craven Cottage next month, though, seeing as these have now won twice at Goodison in the past few months.

Not much consolation, but a few less fixtures is the reward for exiting a cup, and Beto slotting again will do him a lot of good. UTFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.